#658 mod_gzip stats are not displayed

closed
None
7
2012-10-11
2002-02-27
Anonymous
No

AWSTATS VERSION (no support for older versions than 3.0 and beta versions): latest
OS (Windows/Unix) + VERSION : Linux (debian potato)
WEB SERVER NAME (IIS/Apache/...) + VERSION : Apache 1.3.22
PERL INTERPRETER NAME + VERSION (if known) : standard debian potato
If your site is online, give your awstats URL: http://www.vanroey.be

Your problem description :
mod_gzip does not get displayed in that resulting stats page,
"After compression" and "Bandwith saved" don't get filled in.
I have turned it on. This is my config :

httpd.conf :
LogFormat "%h %l %u %t \"%r\" %>s %b \"%{Referer}i\" \"%{User-Agent}i\"
%{mod_gzip_input_size}n %{mod_gzip_output_size}n %{mod_gzip_result}n" combined
CustomLog /www/logs/access_log combined

awstats.conf :

LogFile="/www/logs/access_log"

LogFormat= "%host %other %logname %time1 %methodurl %code %bytesd %refererquot
%uaquot %gzipin %gzipout %gzipres"

ShowCompressionStats=1

Sample logline :
213.224.83.166 - forum [27/Feb/2002:08:58:05 +0100] "POST
/forum/admin/admin_forums.php HTTP/1.1" 200 1030
"http://www.vanroey.be/forum/admin/admin_forums.php" "Mozilla/4.0 (compatible;
MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.0)" 2433 1030 DECHUNK:OK

Discussion

  • Forrest R. Stevens

    Logged In: YES
    user_id=53583

    The problem is that your gzipin and gzipout information does not match
    the specs that AWStats is looking for. AWStats expects the gzipin to be in
    the format "In:num_bytes" and gzipout to look like this
    "Out:num_bytes:%"

    The single numbers that are stored in your logs
    aren't parsed correctly by AWStats into the proper information and
    aren't going to be stored. Since I'm not all that familiar with mod_gzip,
    and I didn't code the parsing method for the gzip statistics I'm not sure
    whether you're logging method is odd, or the parsing method is
    wrong.

    I'll forward this on to the developer in charge and make sure
    it gets addressed. For now, however, you'll need to turn
    ShowCompressionStats off and change your LogFormat in your
    awstats.conf to ignore those last two fields in order to get AWStats to
    function.

     
  • Nobody/Anonymous

    Logged In: NO

    I changed this in httpd.conf :

    LogFormat "%h %l %u %t \"%r\" %>s %b \"%{Referer}i\"
    \"%{User-Agent}i\" In:%{mod_gzip_input_size}n
    Out:%{mod_gzip_output_size}n %{mod_gzip_result}n" combined

    Now it seems to work

     
  • Forrest R. Stevens

    Logged In: YES
    user_id=53583

    Glad you got it working, we'll still look into whether we need to change
    the parsing behavior.

     

Log in to post a comment.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

Sign up for the SourceForge newsletter:

JavaScript is required for this form.





No, thanks