AWStats 5.0 Beta is ready
I am pleased to announce that AWStats 5.0 beta is ready.
Version 5.0 is the most important change never made on AWStats.
It solves a lot of problem of low process for large web sites above all for web hosting providers.
This new version is for the moment a beta version. If you look for a stable version, please use 4.1.
You can download 5.0 beta from AWStats official web site:
Beta version is available in tgz package only.
WHAT'S NEW IN THIS VERSION
- Complete rewrite of update process and code to read/save history files.
AWStats 5.0 is still compatible with history files processed with 4.x.
However if you use awstats 5.0 runtime to read statistics for old month build with 4.x, speed will be a little bit reduce but will works correctly.
If you want to benefit the speed improvement of 5.0 (2 to 10 times faster when reading stats, less memory use) you can migrate your history files with the command :
- Fixed: pb when using several tags with different offset in LogFile name.
- Fixed: Create of directory with CreateDataDirIfNotExists is made with 0766
instead of 0666.
- New feature: Track detailed minor and major version for browsers.
- New feature: Support DNS cache files for DNS lookup.
- New feature: Added Plugins support and several working plugins:
A GMT correcter, A hash file DNS cache saver/reader...
- New feature: Use framed report (new UseFramesWhenCGI parameter).
- "Never updated" and "Exact value ..." are now in language files.
- Reduce number of global vars in code.
- New feature: DefaultFile parameter accepts several values.
- New feature: Added all robots and last robots full list report.
- New feature: Added all logins and last logins full list report.
- New feature: Added url entry and url exit full list report.
- New feature: Added AllowAccessFromWebToFollowingIPAddresses parameter
- New parameter: LogSeparator for log files with exotic separators.
- New tag for logfile: %WY is replaced by week number in year.
- Added slovak, spanish (catalan) language files and updated a lot of language files.
- Added a lock for update process.
- Made changes to allow FTP log analysis.
- Made changes to prepare sendmail log analysis.
- Updated belarus flag.
- Updated os, browsers, robots, search engines database.
- Other minor changes and bug fixes.
Laurent Destailleur for AWStats.