AWStats 4.0 Beta is ready
It's a pleasure to announce that AWStats 4.0 beta is ready.
Version 4.0 is a major version.
This new version is for the moment a beta version. If you look for a stable version, please use 3.2.
WARNING: 4.0 is not compatible with OLD history data files. If you use 4.0 to read statistics for old month, report for "visitors" will be wrong as all old unresolved ip processed with AWStats 3.2 will not be counted when viewed with 4.0.
You can download 4.0 beta from AWStats official web site:
Beta version is available in tgz package only.
WHAT'S NEW IN THIS VERSION
- Increased speed and reduce memory use for very large web sites.
- Unresolved ip are now processed like resolved one.
- Added icons in browsers chart.
- Personalized log format can also have tab separator (not only space).
- New ways to manage security/privacy with updated docs and new parameters:
- New feature: Added mark on "grabber browsers" in browsers chart.
- New feature: Added average files size in Pages/URL report chart.
- New feature: You can put dynamic environnement variables into config file.
- New feature: Keyphrases list can be viewed entirely (not only most used).
- New parameter: WrapperScript
- New parameter: CreateDirDataIfNotExists
- New parameter: ValidHTTPCodes
- New parameter: MaxRowsInHTMLOutput
- New parameter: ShowLinksToWhoIs
- New parameter: LinksToWhoIs
- New parameter: StyleSheet
- New option: -staticlinks to build static links in report page (to use
AWStats with no web servers).
- New tool: common2combined.pl (A log format converter)
- New tool: awstats_buildstaticpages.pl
- Fixed: wrong size of bar in "average" report when average value was < 1.
- Fixed: pb of "Error: Not same number of records" when using some version
- Fixed: pb in logresolvemerge.pl
- Fixed: Security against CSSA.
- No more need to use . to say . in config file.
- Documentation seriously updated.
Laurent Destailleur for AWStats.