C Plock - 2007-04-17

I had a hard time added a couple of browsers. So I thought I would post my findings.

I did the normal adding the browsers.pm entries in BrowsersSearchIDOrder and in BrowsersHashIDLib. But nothing worked. Then after looking in the awstats.pl I found it. For User Agents that have MSIE or Mozilla in them, I guess you have to add them to the regnotie or regnotnetscape fileds. After I did that it worked.

Example: awstats.pl

my $regnotie=qr/webtv|omniweb|opera|blazer/i; # added blazer
my $regnotnetscape=qr/gecko|compatible|opera|galeon|safari|netwatch/i; # added netwatch

UA Sample:

Mozilla/4.0+(compatible;+MSIE+6.0;+Windows+98;+PalmSource/hspr-H102;+Blazer/4.0)
Mozilla/4.0+(netWatch+Agent,+http://www.globalnetwatch.com/agentinfo.html)