awstats.pl says it has never been update?!

Developers
Andy
2007-01-14
2012-10-11
  • Andy

Andy - 2007-01-14

Hi,

I've just install version 6.6 and am having a little trouble getting awstats.pl to show the stats. I run a cron job every so often to do this:

/usr/local/awstats/tools/awstats_updateall.pl now -configdir=/etc/awstats/ > /root/logs/awstatsop.txt

and the output shows that it is working. For example:

Running '"/usr/local/awstats/wwwroot/cgi-bin/awstats.pl" -update -config=resource -configdir="/etc/awstats/"' to update config resource
    Create/Update database for config "/etc/awstats/awstats.resource.conf" by AWStats version 6.6 (build 1.887)
    From data in log file "/etc/httpd/logs/split/resource.log"...
    Phase 1 : First bypass old records, searching new record...
    Direct access to last remembered record has fallen on another record.
    So searching new records from beginning of log file...
    Phase 2 : Now process new records (Flush history on disk after 20000 hosts)...
    Jumped lines in file: 0
    Parsed lines in file: 83106
    Found 1 dropped records,
    Found 0 corrupted records,
    Found 0 old records,
    Found 83105 new qualified records.

('resource.log' is used because I split the apache log up prior to running the awstats_updateall.pl)

I can confirm this by looking at the /var/lib/awstats directory and seeing content in the log file. For example:

-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 252423 Jan 13 12:51 awstats012007.resource.txt

But when I go to the url to view the stats, such as:

http://localhost/awstats/awstats.pl?config=resource

the 'Last update date' is just shown as:

"Never updated (See 'Build/Update' on awstats_setup.html page)"

Am I missing a step?? I thought that the update all did the same as running awstats.pl -update, or am I wrong? Can anyone help out?

Many thanks,

Andy

• Andy

Andy - 2007-01-16

OK, never mind... Turns out that it was a stupid permissions issue (the stupidity being on my side in forgetting to correct all the permissions in the first place!)