Unknown OS and Unknown Browser

2007-12-27
2012-10-11
  • webdesigner.winest

Pardon my newbieness, but I was wondering if there is a way to tell how many times any of the entities on the Unknown OS and Unknown Browser visit one's site.

I work for a company that makes a software suite which regularly checks the company website for updates and all that traffic heavily skews the data. I can see the name of the software listed under the Unknown Browsers and Unknown OS lists but it doesn't list how many hits it has.

Oh, and I am using Advanced Web Statistics 6.7 (build 1.892)

Thank you for any replies.

• webdesigner.winest

Thank you so much for replying. I don't have control over the files myself, but the IT guy here is going to be taking a look at that today and will see what he can do.

• Jean-Luc

Jean-Luc - 2007-12-27

Hi,

AWStats does not count the number of hits of the "unknown browsers", but you could add your browser in the list of "known browsers". Have a look at the browsers.pm file in the lib subdirectory. The file format is not explicitely documented, but it is hopefully clear enough.

Jean-Luc
      http://www.internetofficer.com/awstats/

• Aitor

Aitor - 2011-05-03

Hello.

I also think it would be a good point to show hits on unkown OS/browsers. I
    actually hace a 5% of unknown OS, and it seems already pretty high to me,
    considering my awstats installation is 7.0 and my "operating_systems.pm" has
    been polished to the edge.

But what really doesn't make a point to me is that, when i go to the complete
    list of unknown OS or browsers, all crawlers' user agents appear. I think
    that, if a visit has been marked as a "robot", that visit's OS is not a deal
    for our statistics. We just do mind "people's" OSs and browsers, not robots'
    or crawlers'.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks