Computing Logs Flash Media Server

GreooZ
2008-01-11
2012-10-11
  • GreooZ

GreooZ - 2008-01-11

I have a problem with the results given by awstats with FMS 2 Logs, they are very exaggerated (17 To for 400 Go in real).
    Looking to logs user, sessionid, stream path, and sc-stream-bytes are repeated many times for a single stream.

Dis someone has successfully parsed FMS logs with awstats?

Can you help me ? :)

Thanks for help

Bruno

• GreooZ

GreooZ - 2008-01-11

I forgot Hi all :)

• Slick Willy

Slick Willy - 2008-01-11

First thing I would try is piping awk output to uniq, assuming that you want to count each sessionid just once.

Take a look here: http://www.tek-tips.com/viewthread.cfm?qid=1242483&page=1 for starters.

• GreooZ

GreooZ - 2008-01-14

>> First thing I would try is piping awk output to uniq, assuming that you want to count each sessionid just once.
      >> Take a look here: http://www.tek-tips.com/viewthread.cfm?qid=1242483&page=1 for starters.

I have already tried this method, the amount of data transferred was correct but this corrupts the hit count because client can ask many streams by session and sessionid. :(

That's why I was looking for an existing plugin or something else.

• Slick Willy

Slick Willy - 2008-01-14

Without knowing exactly what you tried, and seeing an example of the logs, it is hard to suggest a complete solution. It seems to me that awstats, run as usual on the raw log, would give the correct data transfer, but greatly exaggerate the hit count, as you initially stated.

But what I had in mind was sorting by sessionid, and removing the duplicates. That would give an accurate count of hits, though it would corrupt the data transfer amount. That output could then be massaged, as necessary, to approximate the correct data transfer.

• Ammamit

Ammamit - 2011-05-21

Any luck? I am also desperately looking for same. Thanks for help.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks