I'm new to AWStats and just got it set up today, on a CentOS 5.5 server
running Apache 2.2.3, with AWStats version 7.0-2. I've followed the
instructions and AWStats has pulled the logs and generated the databases for
my site just fine. When I try to view the reports using the CGI version, it
only loads part of the main frame and truncates just after the "Days of Month"
table for the current month. If I browse to a previous month, it truncates
farther down on "Days of Week" table. I can click on various items on the left
side such as "Hosts Full List", and they all come up fine. The only one that
doesn't seem to load completely is the main summary page. I'm running Firefox
3.6.22 on Linux, and also tried Firefox for Windoze, and get the same result.
Is there anything I can check? I am not sure why the entire page will not
load. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!!! I hope to get this working,
this looks like a great product.
I don't know why you get this. Is the display of the page taking a lot of time
- try with another browser
- check the Apache error log
Jean-Luc, InternetOfficer (AWStats
Hello and thanks for the reply.
The page comes up very quickly in all cases, it is not slow at all.
I have checked another couple of browsers and they have the same problem and
the page stops at the exact same spots. I did notice that right where the page
terminates, there is the character "</" showing on the page. So I am wondering
if the script is terminating before it creates the entire page.
I have checked the Apache error log, and there are no errors.
I also noticed that if I select a month that has zero hits and zero
statistics, it will load the entire page just fine all the way to the bottom
footer. So the issue seems to only be when there is data to show on the main
summary page, then it fails to load correctly.
If you have any further thoughts or any further information please let me
know. Thank you very much.
OK I just figured out the issue. As a test, I ran a test command with "perl
awstats.pl -config=www.mysite.org -output -staticlinks > test.html and got a
"segmentation fault". I upgraded the "perl" package for CentOS 5.5 and the
problem is solved now. It seems that the awstats.pl script was terminating due
to a segmentation fault but the perl upgrade fixed it. Now the main summary
page completes. Thank you for the help.
Sign up for the SourceForge newsletter:
You seem to have CSS turned off.
Please don't fill out this field.