awstats postfix dropped records

2004-09-17
2012-10-11
  • Nobody/Anonymous

    Hello,
    I have been using awstats 6.1 with Linux Debian Sarge and Postfix.
    Every time I update (.../awstats.pl -config=mydomain -update) I only obtain dropped records.
    According to the documentation, it is due to the awstats filters (SkipHosts, SkipUserAgents ...) but all of them are empty in my config file.
    Any help ? Thank you.
    Christophe.

     
    • Thorsten Franzke

      Did you ever see any statistics? Did this behavior occur recently? Did you make a change to your logfile setup? Could you please post a couple (2-3) sample lines?

      Sorry for all these question ;-)

      Best regards,

      tfranzke

       
    • Nobody/Anonymous

      no problem for the questions !
      In fact all my records are dropped if I use option debug=1 in the maillogconvert.pl script otherwise I do not see anything (0 records). My logs come from a postfix remote server via syslog and are stored in /var/log/mail.log. If awstats is on the same server as postfix, it seems works. I say it seems because I didn't try on my production server. It's the first time I use awstats, I am experimenting different statistics tools to monitor all my postfix servers. Thanks.

       
      • Thorsten Franzke

        Ok check the following:

        Drives mounted?
        Directories/Pipes properly setup?
        Access granted? (if remote)
        Permissions set?

        Do you get any error messages, except for the dropped line?

        Did you check LogFile, LogType, LogFormat and LogSeperator?

        Best regards,

        tfranzke

         
    • Nobody/Anonymous

      Hi,
      my drives are mounted, my directories are ok.
      I can see all mys logs coming from my remote server with cat /var/log/maillog.
      Permissions for maillog 777 (it's just for the test)
      No error messages. Only 0 records.
      I used mlc instead of maillogconvert.pl, it's the same.
      I cheked LogFile ok
      LogType ok
      Log Format ok
      Log Separator =" " (default)
      Thanks.

       
    • Nobody/Anonymous

      Hello,
      In order to investigate I used "pflogsum" stats tool to see if my logs in /var/log/maillog were correct.
      It works fine, the reprt generated gives me correct stats.
      So, it seems the problem comes from the result produced by maillogconvert.pl or mlc anr my LogFormat.
      My LogFormat is the one given in the doc.
      An example of log in /var/log/maillog is :
      Sep 21 10:04:10 mailserver.org postfix/smtpd[16497]: 4GTD2145876: to=<christophe.husson@organisation.org>, relay=server.org[192.168.5.7], delay=0, status=sent (250 OK)
      Any idea ? Many thanks

       
      • Thorsten Franzke

        What's your logformat like?

         
    • Nobody/Anonymous

      LogFormat="%time2 %email %email_r %host %host_r %method %url %code %bytesd"

       
    • Nobody/Anonymous

      stop postfix first, clean out your mail log and restart the stats page. thats what i did and it works

      TT

       
    • Nobody/Anonymous

      Hello,
      what I did :
      On my remote postfix server I commented directive @serverawstats in syslog.conf and restarted syslog.
      on my server awstats :
      rm /var/log/maillog
      touch /var/log/maillog
      chmod 640 /var/log/maillog
      On my remote postfix server :
      add in syslog.conf : mail.* @serverawstats
      restart syslog
      on my awstats server
      /usr/lib/cgi-bin/awstats.pl -configure=mydomain.org -update
      result :
      0 dropped ; 0 corrupted ; 0 old ; 0 new
      I can mail you my whole awstats config file and an extract of my /var/log/maillog if you wish.
      regards
      Christophe.

       
    • husson

      husson - 2004-09-23

      According to my previous post, I just posted my awstats.organisation.org.conf and /var/log/maillog files to tfranzke@sourceforge.net
      regards,
      Christophe.

       
    • Nobody/Anonymous

      the problem is solved,
      the daemon qmgrd in postfix did not log anymore the "from" mail address and thus it did not match awstats LogFormat. Restarting Postfix solved the problem.
      Christophe.

       

Log in to post a comment.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

Sign up for the SourceForge newsletter:

JavaScript is required for this form.





No, thanks