delete log after awstats process

2009-12-18
2014-10-03
1 2 > >> (Page 1 of 2)
  • jose sanchez

jose sanchez - 2009-12-18

Hello guys,

Im not sure if this has been posted already as Im unable to search through the
    opened cases.

Im wondering if its possile to setup awstats for deleting access_log files
    after being processed.
    The thing is my access log are reaching more than 50GB and they are taking a
    lot of space and making awstats to take a lot time to process so having a
    clean log every day looks like the best idea.

Does anyone know how to do this?

Thank you.

• Steven Stern

Steven Stern - 2009-12-18

This should not be part of awstats at all. Find the script that rolls over
    your server logs and set it to roll them daily. (The default is probably
    weekly.) On a Linux system, that would probably be in /etc/logrotate.d In
    Windows, you'd need to edit some IIS server setting and then write a script to
    delete the old logs.

• Jean-Luc

Jean-Luc - 2009-12-18

Hi,

PurgeLogFile=1

is a directive in your AWStats config file that tells AWStats to delete the
    log file as soon as it is processed. Not sure it is a good idea to use it
    though.

Jean-Luc, InternetOfficer (http://www.internetofficer.com/awstats/)

• mary

mary - 2013-04-17

This was a really outstanding post. In theory I'd like to compose like this too - taking time and real effort to make a solid article...
    Inspire Home

• kallas

kallas - 2013-04-29

Thank you. I'll be passing this along.

arlington locksmith

• kallas

kallas - 2013-04-29

Wow.. it’s a great place to get information ... Because now a days any kind of little bit information is every helpful.. Wonderful Information.

best moving company

• Kelly - 2013-04-29

I got here much interesting stuff. The post is great! Thanks for sharing it!
    air cargo services

• pioneer

pioneer - 2013-04-29

A healthy diet is not about strict nutrition philosophies, staying extremely thin, or depriving yourself of foods you love. Rather it is to get that good to have more energy and you keep healthy as possible.
    Modern Home

• kallas

kallas - 2013-04-29

I am so happy to read this. This is the kind of manual that needs to be given and not the random misinformation that's at the other blogs. Thanks for sharing this.

locksmith dc

• handi

handi - 2013-04-29

Very efficiently written information. It will be beneficial to anybody who utilizes it, including me. Keep up the good work. For sure i will check out more posts. This site seems to get a good amount of visitors.
    home mortgage nevada

• pioneer

pioneer - 2013-04-29

I am very happy to be here because this is a very good site that provides lots of information about the topics covered in depth. Im glad to see that people are actually writing about this issue in such a smart way, showing us all different sides to it. Please keep it up. I cant wait to read whats next.
    FHA Loan Refinance

• Anonymous - 2013-04-29

Very efficiently written information. It will be beneficial to anybody who utilizes it, including me. Keep up the good work. For sure i will check out more posts. This site seems to get a good amount of visitors.
    dfw limo service

• zaib

zaib - 2013-04-29

business printing service

• pioneer

pioneer - 2013-04-29

I see the article quiet critical. Thanks for sharing anyways, nice to hear different opinions on that topic.
    FHA Streamline Refinance California

• zaib

zaib - 2013-04-29

Wonderful site and I wanted to post a note to let you know, ""Good job""! I’m glad I found this blog. Brilliant and wonderful job ! Your blog site has presented me most of the strategies which I like. Thanks for sharing this.
    business mail services

• Anonymous - 2013-04-29

Wow!! What a great writing, really I appreciate such kind of topics. It will be very helpful for us. Waiting for more articles, blogs like this. I’m going bookmark your blog for future reference. Thanks a lot for sharing this.
    dallas limo service

• pioneer

pioneer - 2013-04-29

I am happy when reading your blog with updated information! thanks alot and hope that you will post more site that are related to this site.
    Nevada Home Loans

• Kelly - 2013-04-29

Very significant Information for us, I have think the representation of this Information is actually superb one. This is my first visit to your site.
    fha home loans california

• Anonymous - 2013-04-29

Thank you for for sharing so great thing to us. I definitely enjoying every little bit of it I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you post nice post, thanks for sharing.
    airport car service

• zaib

zaib - 2013-04-29

I just got to this amazing site not long ago. I was actually captured with the piece of resources you have got here. Big thumbs up for making such wonderful blog page!
    mailbox rental services

• Anonymous - 2013-04-29

Interesting Article. Hoping that you will continue posting an article having a useful information.
    Streamline Refinance california

• pioneer

pioneer - 2013-04-29

Very good customer service, prompt delivery (lol...prompt for coming from so far away!), and good products. I recommend this company to my friends all the time. is a godsend to those of us without medical insurance.
    Nevada Mortgage Lending

• kallas

kallas - 2013-04-30

Hey great stuff, thank you for sharing this useful information and i will let know my friends as well.

emergency locksmith

1 2 > >> (Page 1 of 2)

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks