UNIX and Windows versions?

2004-10-01
2012-10-11
  • Nobody/Anonymous

Is there a difference between AWStats for unix and windows? I saw a version running on a windows server and it is different to the one I set up yesterday. These differences are major: the one I set up yesterday has no filtering system and it only allows you to view the current month. On the windows one, there is an include/exclude filter form on all the results - and you can view results from any time period.
    The windows one looks great but I need the same type on a unix server...asap

• Thorsten Franzke

Do you run awstats as a CGI in the browser?

Best regards,

tfranzke

• Nobody/Anonymous

No! I'm on a shared server and it was already set up. I assumed it would be the same as the one I saw running on windows - which is perfect for my requirements.
      Is using cgi version the only way to enable all the facilities? Can I set one up on a UNIX server and run is as cgi? Is it difficult?? - I'm new to all this!

Thanks a lot,

Dotty

• Thorsten Franzke

Well, I am using a mixture of CLI and CGI. CLI for generating the statistics and CGI for reading the statistics.
        Yes, you can set it up on a UNIX server and run it as a cgi, IF you have all the required rights/permissions.

Best regards,

tfranzke

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks