Menu

Big annoying problem!

Help
FireWire
2013-09-17
2014-10-29
  • FireWire

FireWire - 2013-09-17

I am creating DVD from a tv-series and uses mkv-files with subtitles(.srt). I made a custom menu with 3 thumbnails depending on how many episodes on the dvd. I created 3 dvd's so far. But now when creating the 4th I ran into really annoying problems... On this dvd I only have 2 episodes. And created the same menu as on the others. And when the app is about to author it closes with an error referring to log-files in the target folder. But there is no information about any error in those txt-files.
    I have the same problem if I use the menu editor and use Full preview. See: http://i.imgur.com/mx6jUlB.jpg
    That´s the same error I get when the app is trying to author and then closes. And I don´t get what is wrong...
    So please, help figure out what the problem is. It only happens when using 2 episodes. I tried making a new project with the same menu and so on, and no error what so ever.

Best regards.

• BinaryFox

BinaryFox - 2014-10-29

If you have two titlesets in the compilation, are the specs for the two audio files identical? You may need to demux and recode one to match the other. I notice that FFmpeg could not grab the audio, which is reported as "0 KB." I don't claim to be an expert, but it seems that AVStoDVD seems to require perfect files before it is able to successfully convert them to DVD.

I like the quality AVStoDVD can produce (when the stars line up); but as long as it uses FFmpeg that has known bugs, difficult to assess problems will occur. Whenever AVStoDVD fails to convert a movie file, I almost always succeed converting the same file with VSO's ConvertXtoDVD that is more forgiving.

Use MediaInfo to make sure your audio files have the same specs, maybe recode the audio, and try turning off the "Normalize" feature that I don't think works anyway.