I have found serious problemm with reencoding HD DVD VC1 source - 2 fast 2 furious in MEGUI to x264.
The source has 29.97 and this is what is reported in TS stream configuration like in FFDSHOW settings.
When I make AVISYNTH script using this source it is played good on MEDIA PLAYER CLASSIC, but it has serious problemm with X264.
The commpressed x264 file looks like it is on the speed and ends up in about 0.8 of the time of the final file, the rest is black frames (ffdshow decodes VC1) or middle part of the movie (original vista VC1 codec). The x264 sees about 190 000 frames but the actual movie ends up at about 154000 frame.
When I set the in the script the fps=23.976 the final file does not have black frames and it ends like it should but there is no synchro with sound. X264 sees about 154000 so there are no black frames.
When I am thinking about it I think the avisynth is not sending all the frames of the original stream to X264. It seems 20% frames are discarded so it reports only some of them, but X264 is still informed what is the correct number of them.
I did not had such problemms with 23.976 streams only with this. I know there were previous problemms with memory allocation, so maybe it is caused by this.
The stream has 1920x1080 resolution and high numbers of frames requiring more memory. X264 itself requires 900MB. But I do have 4GB of memory...
I am using Windows VISTA x64 and latest RC4a.
Log in to post a comment.