Only SU can add movies?

Help
2006-01-29
2013-04-15
  • Nobody/Anonymous

Hello,

With then new session patch I was finally able to test avimanager today.

It seems that only SU users can add movies, is that right? I would like to have my admin user be able to be the real admin, then have some other users be able to add movies but not be able to add other users themselves. I tried setting them up as VIP but then they can only view the DB not modify it.

Am I missing something?

Thanks for your help.

-WildCoder

• ohulan

ohulan - 2006-01-29

yes, thats right. [su] is root, [vip] can vote, [guest] is readonly. you could hack the source code, but aviman was not designed for that. you have to trust someone if you give him a [su] account, otherwise you should not manage your collection with him.

this is the most requested feature, but it is not possible with this old code.

• Nobody/Anonymous

I can see why it's the most requested feature. I can trust my friend to add his movies to the list but I don't want them to add their friends to the system...

I noticed that you have user level 1,2 and 3, could a forth one be added which would be like SU with the exception of 
      Add User
      Change User
      Delete User

Unfortunately I'm not much of a perl programmer.

-WildCoder

• Nobody/Anonymous

it is in CVS. read file UPGRADE. will take a few hours for anonymous CVS sync.