Spanish characters are not being recognized by the backup.
I get elecciÃ³n instead of elección and so on.
How can I solve this problem ?
I also have this issue - is it something that I can fix with configuration?
Can you post the complete error, please!
Also make shure you're using the latest version.
This time I'm poking around with special caracters in names of databases. I thougt it was a good idea to consult the docs of the database-server-software: http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/charset-unicode.html.
After doing so, I've decided to change my configuration as follows in the client-stanza of /etc/mysql/my.cnf:
default-character-set = utf8
IMHO it should be set to the charset of the operating system the server is running on.
Since they are both communicating in utf8 I'm able to backup every database named with non-ascii characters.
To check the default-configuration of a mysql client programm use:
Problem solved - I changed all the tables to be utf-8_general _ci and everything worked ok. Previously they had been latin1 for some reason.
Log in to post a comment.
Sign up for the SourceForge newsletter:
You seem to have CSS turned off.
Please don't fill out this field.