Menu

wxGTK3

Jasper
2019-05-05
2019-09-23
  • Jasper

Jasper - 2019-05-05

I recently updated my OS to one that includes wxGTK3. I cannot run the distributed auroramon any model because the shared library libwx_gtk2u_html-2.8.so.0 (and probably others) is missing. So I tried to recompile with wxGTK3. Compilation goes OK, but the executable crashes on startup:

(process:24596): Gtk-CRITICAL **: 11:26:09.239: _gtk_style_provider_private_get_settings: assertion 'GTK_IS_STYLE_PROVIDER_PRIVATE (provider)' failed
    Segmentation fault (core dumped)

Before I get stuck-in to debugging it, has anyone seen this before and tried to fix it?

• Davide Scandella

I am facing exactly the same issue with rpi3b+, raspbian buster, and wx gtk 3.0.
    Did you manage to solve it?

Last edit: Davide Scandella 2019-09-22
  • Jasper

Jasper - 2019-09-23

Nope, sorry. I just installed the wxGTK 2.8 libraries package from an earlier distribution, then the original build worked again. When the package manager complained that I could not have the two library packages installed side by side, I just removed the 2.8 package -- but kept the actual files. This is working at the moment but there may very well be problems in the future.