gcc 3.1 / mdk 9.0

• Jonathan Halcrow

Does anyone know if these drivers will work in Mandrake 9 now that they've gone to gcc 3.1?

• Jonathan Halcrow

I just installed 9.0 beta 1 and the cvs works fine in case anyone was concerned.  The only special thing that needed to be done was to make a symlink from /usr/bin/lspci to /sbin/lspci (and install the kernel source as usual)

• Yuking

Yuking - 2002-12-11

I'm using gcc3.2 on RH (rawhide). The driver cannot be loaded, insmod says "it's compiled by gcc2.xx".

• Derek Foreman

Derek Foreman - 2002-12-11

try insmod -f

• Yuking

Yuking - 2002-12-14

"Insmod -f" causes my system crashed!!

• Mika Laitio

Mika Laitio - 2002-12-14

Is there appeared any solution for the gcc 2.xx problem?

• Manuel Jander

Manuel Jander - 2003-01-19

I recompiled the disassembled au8820 driver (asp20.o module) with gcc 3.2 and it works.
      Previous of that i used gcc 2.95. I had to recompile every kernel relate thing (NVidia driver, pctel linmodem driver, au8820 driver and the kernel itself). It works 100% ok.

You can find the disassembled assembler source on savannah.nongnu.org/projects/openvortex/ for the au8830 card. Kester Maddock is the assembler guy...
      There is no public source for the other cards yet, but producing it is trivial. I anyone needs more info, ask right here.

Best Regards.

Manuel Jander.

• B Sizer

B Sizer - 2004-03-04

I'm guessing I need a new asp20.o module as although it worked under Mandrake 9.0, it won't under 9.2. What do I have to do?

• Philipp Hahn

Philipp Hahn - 2004-03-05

Stop using this old, unmaintained driver and use the new, maintained one in alsa. Or read the other messages in this forum for a work-around.

• B Sizer

B Sizer - 2004-03-07

I have no idea how to use Alsa... I have it installed but it doesn't seem to do anything, and I have no idea how to turn it on. I asked on the mandrakeusers forums but nobody there seems to have a clue either. :)

• Harshula Jayasuriya

Go to jayasolutions.cjb.net, click on the gnu/linux link and d/l the version of the driver. Read the README first.

Have a quick look through the help forum too. Your problem has probably already been addressed.