Game port support is working !

2002-10-23
2002-11-19
  • Manuel Jander

Manuel Jander - 2002-10-23

Hi,

I merged the "pcigame" driver of the vanilla linux kernel into the aureal driver, and it worked fine for me. I don't know if the Aureal Advantage could work (not enabled ... missing data).
    Where can i upload it ?
    The changes to the original driver are very small.
    I'll try to make it avaiable to

http://docencia.mat.utfsm.cl/~mjander/aureal/

... in a few minutes.
    The next thing i would like to do is to add a /dev/sequencer device for the MIDI output (the MPU 401 UART), because many MIDI sequencers i tried don't work with the barebones /dev/midi device.

This is my very first Linux kernel contribution. I hope you don't have to puke when reading the source :-)

Bye.

• Anonymous - 2002-11-19

I compiled the driver fine... and I can load it via 'insmod au8830', but not 'modprobe au8830'. After modprobe, the system just sorta sits there... I can type, but it doesn't return a prompt. I can return to the prompt, but only after a CTRL-C.

However, jstest /dev/js0 still reports "no such device." I do have the sidewinder module loaded.

If I 'rmmod au8830' and 'insmod pcigame' (I did build the pcigame module, then with it compiled into the kernel, and then without it completely), I can use the joystick... I have gotten it working. Once I load au8830, I can't load pcigame, and I get the 'no such device' error.

I'm running the 2.4.19 kernel, with a Diamond MX300 (AU8830), and a Microsoft Sidewinder Forcefeedback Pro Version 1 (sidewinder)

• Anonymous - 2002-11-19

Simple fix. Don't load the pcigame module... load the ns558 module instead... the generic gameport.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

JavaScript is required for this form.

No, thanks