Menu

Frequency response

2018-03-24
2022-11-05
  • Chris Morrison

Chris Morrison - 2018-03-24

Does the frequency response graph go beyond 10000Hz? Am I missing something?

• Barrett Strong

Barrett Strong - 2020-05-19

I have a similar problem - the test continues off the screen right, but I can't see it.
    Also am unable to copy, save, or print the results. Screenshot doesn't seem to work either.
    Any response?

• Walter Schweizer

Currently the range of the frequency response display is indeed limited to 10000 Hz.
    Easy to change in AudMeS.cpp
    / freq response /
    window_1_frm->SetXRange( 10, 10000, 1); / change here to 20000 /
    window_1_frm->SetYRange( -100, 0, 0, 1);

Saving and restoring a plot works for me with the latest version from the source code.
    What version are you testing?

• Andy Brown

Andy Brown - 2021-04-20

Hi.
    Can you give me the wiring for me to take a frequency response measurement please, do i take output from output of my laptop to the DUT and the DUT to mic input and run a scan please
    Andy

• Andy Brown

Andy Brown - 2021-04-20

Hi.
    Can you give me the wiring for me to take a frequency response measurement please, do i take output from output of my laptop to the DUT and the DUT to mic input and run a scan please
    Andy

• Petter Reinholdtsen

[Andy Brown]

Can you give me the wiring for me to take a frequency response
      measurement please, do i take output from output of my laptop to the
      DUT and the DUT to mic input and run a scan please

I ran my laptop audio output to the speakers and the laptop input to a
      microphone. I suspect there are other ways to do it too.

--
      Happy hacking
      Petter Reinholdtsen

• Sam

Sam - 2021-04-28
      1. I presume you want to see the response of an audio system. This can be at the minimum an amplifier and speakers.
      2. Take output from the headphone output of laptop and feed it to amplifier input "Line IN". You may have to make a 3mm jack to stereo RCA cable.
      3. The return path can be a microphone connected to your laptop mic input and placed 1meter in front of the speaker.
      4. This is a basic measurement setup. It can be used only for confirming that your setup and software is working. If you want a very scientific measurement, then there are many more nuances.
      5. You can use other things for output - USB to Audio converter dongles, USB DACs, Bluetooth converters for remote. Same way the input mic can be the laptop mic itself, or wired or Bluetooth.

• Derek Thompson

Derek Thompson - 2022-11-04

On the frequency response curve what do the blue and yellow graphs represent?

• Walter Schweizer

The yello graph is left input, the blue is right input. Therefore it represents what you have connected to the inputs.