The Audacity Team is pleased to announce the release of Audacity 1.3.14 (Beta) for Windows, Mac and Linux/Unix. 1.3.14 contains important fixes for data loss problems when reopening saved projects.
1.3.14 is now the only version that supports Windows 7, Windows Vista
and Mac OS X 10.4 to 10.7. Please upgrade to 1.3.14 if you are using
Audacity 1.2 on those systems. You can install Audacity Beta on the same computer as Audacity 1.2 if you install to different directories. If you are upgrading from a previous Beta release, you can install "over the top" into the same directory.
Please help us progress to a new Audacity 2.0 by reporting any problems you find in 1.3.14 to our feedback address:
Known issues at release are listed at:
Details of any issues with project stability including errors when
reopening a saved project will be highly appreciated.
Advanced users are encouraged to test our subsequent changes as
we make them by downloading our Nightly Builds from:
Please subscribe to receive news of all our future releases at:
Summary of Changes in 1.3.14:
* Fixes for data loss when encountering corrupted project files. Steps
taken to prevent writing of overlong audio data block files.
* Excessive delay occurred when typing into labels in long projects.
* MP2 files could not be imported natively. File types requiring FFmpeg
library imported as noise if FFmpeg was unavailable.
* Crashes fixed when dragging tracks. Crash fixed when resetting
Toolbars when an audio stream was present.
* Plot Spectrum didn't preserve signal level if multiple tracks were
Changes and Improvements:
* Normalize now preserves left-right balance in stereo tracks by
default with an option to normalize stereo channels independently.
* Spectrograms now allow window sizes up to 32768 and frequencies
up to half the sample rate (the maximum possible).
* Mix and Render now preserves clip length by not rendering white
space before the start of audio, and preserves audio before time zero.
* CleanSpeech Mode has been removed from Preferences but can be
run or disabled in 1.3.14 by changing Preferences in a previous
* (OS X) Added support for AudioUnit MusicEffects (but no MIDI support).
for all the changes in Audacity 1.3.14 and for more about the Beta series.