From: Matthew Carpenter <matt@ei...> - 2002-08-07 20:58:36
I had this problem in 0.98 on Caldera OpenLinux as well. My solution was
to d/l the RPM version compiled and provided by the wxGTK and Audacity
folks. Granted, it could have been that I d/l'ed Audacity 1.0, but I
think it was the compiling using my compiler and not theirs..
On Wed, 07 Aug 2002 12:14:12 -0700
> I use Slackware 8.1 as my os, and a few days ago I tried installing
> audacity in my system. Everything was fine, installation went without no
> problem. Now the thing is that when I go into the preferences and I
> check the Record in Stero option, and then I try to record, the program
> would just crash do to a segmentation problem. I tried audacity in the
> same system, but this time booted into WinME, and it works just
> perfectly. Any suggestion on how to fix this problem in Slackware.