Branko, thanks for bringing this to my attention. A little more
than 24 hours ago it was working fine.
It appears that somebody trashed our website yesterday. They
exploited a permissions hole that I left in order to make the
translation editor function.
I had been making backups. Unfortunately my last backup is
from November 20, so two weeks of edits have been lost, including
the new FAQ and many updated translations.
If anyone has any Audacity webpages in their browser's disk cache,
please send them to me and I can try to reconstruct some of the
I restored the November 20 backup and changed the permissions
to prevent this from happening again. I also disabled the
translation editor for now.
I'm very sorry, especially for the translators who spent so
much time updating translations recently. If you have anything
in your browser's cache, I will do my best to restore as much
Branko Collin wrote:
> Hello Audacities,
> First of all, I am not subscribed, so please cc me any replies.
> Before I found out that you run your own notification service, I had
> already subscribed to a spider that lets you know when a web page
> changes. The past few days I have been getting three or four e-mail
> messages from that spider (called Web Agent) that showed (different)
> PHP error messages. I take it you are already aware that something is
> wrong with your site, but I thought I'd warn you on the off-chance
> that you weren't.
> For instance, today's flavour is:
> Warning: Failed opening 'en/main.inc.php' for inclusion
> (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in
> /home/groups/a/au/audacity/htdocs/main.inc.php on line 92
> Warning: Cannot add header information - headers already
> sent by (output started at
> in /home/groups/a/au/audacity/htdocs/top.inc.php on
> line 3
> Keep up the good work!
Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.