Steps I go about "keeping a noise" is the following;
1. Open or import the sound file.
2. Effect normalize with DC offset only
3. If Stereo I split the track if mono I copy it to a separate track.
4. With one track I select the "noise" I want to keep.
5. Then I get the noise profile, select the entire track and remove the
6. Next Effect Invert the track with the noise removed.
7. After mixing the tracks you end up with the other sounds muted
(somewhat) and the noise remains at full volume.
So is there a better way to accomplish this task?
Brian G. Black
Extensive Data Enterprises