From: Matt Brubeck <mbrubeck@cs...> - 2004-12-30 01:18:43
> hello, how can i convert a mp3 into a wav with format
> 1mono 8bit 8000khz?
To do this in Audacity, open the file and then:
1. At the bottom of the main Audacity window, change the
"Project rate" to 8000.
2. In the "File Formats" preferences, choose "WAV (8 bit...)"
3. If the track is stereo:
- Click on the track title and choose "Split stereo track."
- Now there are two tracks. Click on each track's title and
4. Choose "Export as WAV" from the File menu.
Note: We prefer if you can mail questions like this to to
audacity-help@... instead. Thanks!