1. My goal was to record audio from a dvd to Audacity and paste it into my radio show.
2. 2. I recorded the audio and attempted to paste it into my other project that is my radio show.
3. 3. What I expected to happen was that the audio from the video was supposed to be pasted where I wanted it, moving the audio already in that track forward. Then I would have to time shift the other tracks forward by the amount that the third track was extended by.
4. 4. What actually happened was the audio didn’t appear to be pasted in, despite the undo record showing that I had pasted audio in.
So, here are some troubleshooting questions:
1. What is your goal?
2. What steps did you take to achieve the goal?
3. What was supposed to happen?
4. What actually happened?
On Fri, May 18, 2012 at 11:06 PM, bob cavanaugh <email@example.com> wrote:
So, you attempted to use Audacity to record the show. Did that work? Were you able to play it back in the initial Audacity window you used for recording it?
On Fri, May 18, 2012 at 5:49 PM, bob cavanaugh <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
I should also mention that I pasted it into an empty project with no problem. What’s going on here?
Audacity 2.0, Windows 7. I used stereo mix to record audio from a video that was playing in Windows Media player, with the intent of pasting it into my radio show. However, Audacity seems to be acting as if it wants nothing to do with this audio. Whin I pasted it in, it didn’t play, and Audacity wouldn’t record it either.
Live Security Virtual Conference
Exclusive live event will cover all the ways today's security and
threat landscape has changed and how IT managers can respond. Discussions
will include endpoint security, mobile security and the latest in malware
*********** ASKING FOR HELP *************
When asking for help on this list, please include the following information, so we can
help you properly:
* What operating system you are using (for example, Windows XP or Mac OS X 10.5.1)
* Exactly what three digit version number of Audacity you are using (Help > About
Audacity, or Audacity > About Audacity on a Mac computer)
* If this is a recording problem, what equipment you are recording with, and how is it
connected to the computer?
Mailing list: Audacityemail@example.com
To UNSUBSCRIBE, use the form at the bottom of this web page: