User manual and Morphing Tulip 4.3

Help
2013-06-14
2013-06-20
  • Adam Miller

Adam Miller - 2013-06-14

I notice that the link to the user manual on the front page of the tulip site leads you to tulip version 3.8, whose UI is significantly out of date. One of the important things for me that appears just a little ways into the 3.8 user manual is the options menu panel, where you can change the morphing. I need the morphing capability in tulip 4.3, but I can't figure out how to get to it or how to edit it.

What do I do to get morphing in tulip 4.3? Is there any way I can get my hands on a manual for tulip 4.3 or something?

• Adam Miller

Adam Miller - 2013-06-18

Ok, so I've made significant progress since I made this post. Not in terms of getting morphing in tulip 4.3, but in terms of understanding how the tulip kit works.

From what I've read on the tulip site, tulip is both an application, and a set of header files that build off of the Qt and opengl stacks to provide you with some higher level libraries from which to build your application. In order to get the correct headers however, you have to download the source and compile it yourself with CMake.

So, I've completely compiled this thing on my mac, and on a linux VM on my mac. The problem I'm currently facing right now is that on my windows work machine, when I try to compile tulip after configuring and generating within the CMake gui just as the guide says, I get a lot of compile errors. They occur when the build passes over the tulip-ogl part. There is a long list of undefined references, all of which start with _imp___glew* where * is things like MultiDrawArrays, GetUniformv, Uniform4iv, UniformMatrix3fv, VertexAttrib3s, GetAttribLocation, UseProgram, GetProgramiv, ProgramParameteriEXT, LinkProgram, DetachShader, AttachShader, DeleteProgram, CreateProgram...

And I don't know why. I've followed the tutorial to a T, and yet I'm getting this dependency loss. Can anybody tell me what to do to make it work?

Also, small note-in the CMake gui, I get a series of red line outputs no matter what. They are below:
    [CPack] libstdc++-.dll could not be located and will not be installed with package
    [CPack]
    pthread.dll could not be located and will not be installed with package
    [CPack] libgomp-
    .dll could not be located and will not be installed with package
    [CPack] iconv.dll could not be located and will not be installed with package
    [CPack] libiconv-2.dll could not be located and will not be installed with package

• Adam Miller

Adam Miller - 2013-06-20

So I decided not to build it on windows, but rather to keep all my builds on a VM, and wait until deployment to build on windows.

But now I'm running into a different error, and I'm hoping that someone here will be willing to contribute to what I'm having trouble with. I've managed to compile all of tulip and got the tulip display_graph.cpp example to compile, but I get a runtime error with my compiled result. http://stackoverflow.com/questions/17220566/qt-tulip-recursive-repaint-detected-in-main-how-to-identify-and-repair-error