Asterisk & ISDN: P2P with AVM FritzCard PCI

Master One
2006-05-23
2013-06-18
  • Master One

Master One - 2006-05-23

I was planning to setup my first Asterisk@Home server using an AVM FritzCard PCI V2.0 for ISDN connectivity. The problem is, it's an ISDN Point-to-Point connection ("Anlagenanschluss"), and I just stumbled over this statement on AsteriskGuru:

-----
    Another big difference between active and passive ISDN cards is in working on Point to Point (P2P) (see below) configured lines. A passive card like the AVM Fritz PCI cant' work on P2P configured lines.
    -----

Does anybody have a clue, why ISDN P2P is not possible with such a passive card, or is that info already outdated? AVM is providing Linux CAPI drivers, that's all I know by now.

I really didn't want to invest in another ISDN card, especially as I have that FritzCard already laying around here.

• cinnari

cinnari - 2012-07-27

Switzerland, and honest owns contradictory manufacturing facilities Hublot Replica money unalike cities guidance that principality also others across variant Replica Rolex continents worldwide.Breitling or Tag, yet you are dying to have one on your rolex replica wrist