Help Needed With Installing Assimp with Cmake

Help
KirbyDS11
2013-08-24
2013-08-26
  • KirbyDS11

KirbyDS11 - 2013-08-24

Hi
    I'm trying to build assimp (the full version) with cmake and all I get is a bunch of errors.
    First I point cmake at assimp. Then when I configure it with Codeblocks-MinGW I get the error that boost is not found, so I check the ENABLE_BOOST_WORKAROUND then generate it. After generating it I get the error message
    CMake Error: The following variables are used in this project, but they are set to NOTFOUND.
    Please set them or make sure they are set and tested correctly in the CMake files:
    D3D9_LIBRARY
    linked by target "assimp_viewer" in directory C:/Users/Jason/Downloads/assimp--3.0.1270-full/assimp--3.0.1270-sdk/tools/assimp_view
    D3DX9_LIBRARY
    linked by target "assimp_viewer" in directory C:/Users/Jason/Downloads/assimp--3.0.1270-full/assimp--3.0.1270-sdk/tools/assimp_view
    DX9_INCLUDE_PATH
    used as include directory in directory C:/Users/Jason/Downloads/assimp--3.0.1270-full/assimp--3.0.1270-sdk/tools/assimp_view
    At this point I am lost completely and don't know what to do. So what would I have to do to get this to build assimp?

• Ron AF Greve

Ron AF Greve - 2013-08-25

Probably you have but just to make sure; Do you have the directx sdk installed?

• KirbyDS11

KirbyDS11 - 2013-08-25

Yeah I do have directx sdk installed

• Kim Kulling

Kim Kulling - 2013-08-26

You can diable the tools to get the makefiles / projectfiles via: -DASSIMP_BUILD_ASSIMP_TOOLS=OFF as a workaround.

Can you take a look where your DX-SDK is placed on your machine?

Thanks,
    Kimmi

• KirbyDS11

KirbyDS11 - 2013-08-26

DX-SDK is installed in the path C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\8.0

• KirbyDS11

KirbyDS11 - 2013-08-26

Okay I built it in Code::Blocks but where can I find the headers and stuff?

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks