Menu

Building Assimp With Only Collada Support for IOS

2014-04-01
2014-04-04
  • Ryan Bartley

Ryan Bartley - 2014-04-01

I'm using this as my xcode project which totally works when trying to build assimp for newer ios products. However, when creating the universal binary for arm64, armv7, armv7s and the ios Simulator builds, i386, and x86_64, the .a file after lipo-ing was ~500MB. This is unusable. I spoke to someone about build flags that could build certain parts but not all of assimp, but I can't find any flags, I specifically need Collada. Are there build flags and could you go through the process of building something like this through the above xcode project? I would be greatly appreciative of this. Thank you in advance.

• Thomas Ziegenhagen

I also wonder why the lib is so large. The codebase surely is way smaller than that. So reducing the codebase via #ifdef might not yield as much size reduction as you expect.

You can still try, though. Open Importer.cpp, for example, and tick off all the defines used in the constructor. The same can be done for post processing steps, but you usually need several more of those.

Also: link statically to Assimp to allow the linker to kill all unreferenced dependencies.