With this you can close #1507425
It currently only works on Linux (I get compile errors on windows with msvc, will fix it when there's enough interest).
What it does:
- check for various headers and functions (HAVE_foo_H)
- generates settings.h and dirs.h
- builds filters (static or shared, see option COMPILE_IN_FILTERS
- build static or shared lib
- sets SOVERSION
- installs nearly all like ./configure does
- windows support due to compile problems
- check for some specific settings (REL_OPS_POLLUTION, USE_FILE_LOCKS, ...)
- only in-source builds work because the perl-scripts in gen/ don't allow out-of-source builds :(
- see TODO in CMakeLists.txt
The intention is *not* to replace automake but to have a buildsystem on windows that works out-of-the-box without the need for .vcproj + friends + additonal Makefiles for every compiler on windows.