Ascii Generator dotNET (ascgen2) is an application to convert images into high quality ASCII art, i.e. text that accurately represents the original image. The first and only program of its kind to support conversion into variable width fonts, and output adjustments in real-time.
Download it here: http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=133786
Changes in this version:
Changed rtf output to be ASCII instead of Unicode/UTF to make them work in other programs
Added automatic version checking against the sourceforge website
Added "check for new versions?" bool to the variables and settings file
Moved the version number into a structure instead of one variable
Moved most effects applied to the output into classes
Moved apply convolution matrix function into the ConvolutionMatrix structure
Moved ascii conversion related files into a new folder
Changed solution to compile without warnings in Visual C# Express
Added "Copy Ramp to Clipboard" to the edit menu
Moved ramp menu items into a sub-menu
Moved font related menu items into a sub-menu
- Restored missing resource string for Auto button/right click menu
- Changed auto button right-click menu to a menustrip
- Fixed problem with disabled Ok button when the regional settings decimal symbol isn't "."
- Added setting backcolor of an invalid textbox to red
- Fixed tab order
- Fixed problems with invalid character sizes being allowed
Log in to post a comment.