I am running Artifactory 2.1.2 under Tomcat 6. I am using artifactory as a maven proxy repository and to store my own artifacts. After running 2 or 3 builds I am getting OutOfMemory PermGenSpace errors. I have found a few articles about how to overcome PermGenSpace errors but none of them have helped. Any ideas as to why I am getting these problems and how I get around them ?
You can change the PermGen size in tomcat/bin/setenv.sh and add add "-XX:PermSize=256m -XX:MaxPermSize=256m" to CATALINA_OPTS.
There is a JIRA issue to follow this: http://issues.jfrog.org/jira/browse/RTFACT-2340
Thanks for the response but I have tried this and other settings and nothing seems to prevent the PermGen problems from happening eventually. My current settings are :-
-XX:PermSize=128m -XX:MaxPermSize=512m -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:+CMSClassUnloadingEnabled -XX:+CMSPermGenSweepingEnabled
and I am still getting the problem after 2-3 builds and uploads
Log in to post a comment.
Sign up for the SourceForge newsletter:
You seem to have CSS turned off.
Please don't fill out this field.