Menu

I'm stuck on Access Denied error logging in as newly created Super Admin in fresh 4.16 install.

ART Help
2020-07-01
2020-07-03
  • Jeff Gerbracht

Jeff Gerbracht - 2020-07-01

I have a fresh install of 4.16, set up DB connections and created a new users with Access Leve of Super Admin. When I log in using this newly created user, I get an error page showing 'Access Denied' and the only menu options I have are View/Documentation, Language and Log Out. art_users has this user with user_id = 1 and access_level = 100. Help I'm stuck !!!

• Timothy Anyona

Timothy Anyona - 2020-07-01

Access Level is no longer used to determine permissions. Use roles instead. So create a user with the Admin role. You can log in with the art database credentials to allow you to create this user.

• Jeff Gerbracht

Is there any documentation that is for 4.x that is updated? I'm wondering what else might be different and hasn't been updated in either the UI or docs?

• Timothy Anyona

Timothy Anyona - 2020-07-01

All versions come with documentation for that version. You can use the View | Documentation menu to get the documentation.

• Jeff Gerbracht

I looked there, unfortunately, it's not clear No where that I see does it say to create the initial admin with and Admin role as opposed to using the Super Admin access level. A tweak to the docs would have made a big difference in this case.

• Jeff Gerbracht

I'd suggest simply adding, 'assign this user the 'admin' role as Access Levels aren't utilized in 4.x version.' to the end of this
    Select the Configure | Users menu and then the Add button and create a user to be used for administering the application

• Timothy Anyona

Timothy Anyona - 2020-07-03

I can't seem to find this statement. Where is it located in the documentation/application?

• Jeff Gerbracht

Jeff Gerbracht - 2020-07-03

• Timothy Anyona

Timothy Anyona - 2020-07-03

OK. Thanks.