Build problem concerning olap4j 0.9.8

ART Help
Rijk
2016-06-19
2016-06-20
  • Rijk

Rijk - 2016-06-19

Hi!

I'm new to ART and trying to get started with ART 3. I know it's alpha, so some issues are to be expected. The first I ran into is that olap4j 0.9.8 is not available in the configured maven repositories, so the build fails. Would you please consider using the current 1.2.0 version instead?

Regards,

Rijk

• Timothy Anyona

Timothy Anyona - 2016-06-19

Hi Rijk,
    Indeed I see olap4j 1.2 is in maven central. Olap4j versions prior to that are hosted on a pentaho repository which is configured in the pom. Two things.

• Could you try and build using the latest code - I've just updated olap4j and was able to build it from the currently configured repositories.
    • You could try and run the latest pre-built war file from the nightly folder, art-3.0-alpha10, https://sourceforge.net/projects/art/files/art/nightly/ , unless you really want to run from code..

• Rijk

Rijk - 2016-06-19

Thanks Timothy,

To tell the full story, I'm looking for a lightweight reporting tool and came across ART just yesterday.
    I started running art-3.0-alpha10 in my Tomcat 9 container. It works fine, but I couldn't figure out how to get the Archive working.

As the documentation is still mostly 2.x, I decided to have a look with the debugger (Intellij, remote debugging the Tomcat container, on Windows) to see if I missed some required configuration.

I have runsToArchive set to 10. On disk (/export), all job runs are retained (not just 10) but in the user interface, none are visible.

I'll clone again and let you know what happens.

• Timothy Anyona

Timothy Anyona - 2016-06-19

I can look into the issue of all job runs being retained..
      Also, if you can point out what is not clear about the archives, I can update the documentation to make it clearer.
      Thanks.

• Rijk

Rijk - 2016-06-19

Steps to reproduce:
        From a clean installation, using the Demo database, I changed the All Cities Report job to run every minute and "Number of runs to Archive" to 10.

In WEB-INF\work\export\jobs I have more than 10 reports after just over 10 minutes. In the page /art/app/archives.do I only get an empty table.

• Rijk

Rijk - 2016-06-19

The latest code compiles fine and produces art-mail-2.0.0-SNAPSHOT.jar, art-dbcp-3.0.0-SNAPSHOT.jar and art.war (3.0-SNAPSHOT) with art-parent still at 1.0-SNAPSHOT. Is art-mail not yet at 3.0.0-SNAPSHOT?

• Timothy Anyona

Timothy Anyona - 2016-06-20

I've pushed changes that fix the job archives issue. Thanks for reporting it..

art-dbcp and art-mail aren't following the same version number as the main application. Ideally, these libraries will rarely change.

For the art-parent project, should I keep the version number in sync with the war? Is this the maven convention? I'm not that experienced with this stuff..

• Rijk

Rijk - 2016-06-20

Version 1.0(-SNAPSHOT) for the parent is fine. That version number only needs to change when the parent pom changes.

I can confirm both the archive on disk and the page archives.do work fine now. Thanks!