Setup of custom Google Big Query Driver

ART Help
Savo
2021-03-30
2021-03-30
  • Savo

Savo - 2021-03-30

Hi,

I did the setup of custom GBQ driver SImba: https://cloud.google.com/bigquery/providers/simba-drivers

Everything works fine, only i have one concern as when i extract the content of the SImba zip archive some files in /opt/apache-tomcat-9.0.44/webapps/art/WEB-INF/lib gets overwritten and some of them exists but in the lower version. So i had to backup the files with the lower version which comes with Art and leave the new one which comes with Simba.

My only concern is this file:| google-api-client-1.25.0.jar

Simba driver comes with google-api-client-1.31.1.jar and when i rename:
    mv google-api-client-1.25.0.jar google-api-client-1.25.0.jar.bkp and i start the art i get the error that google-api-client jar is missing, even though the google-api-client-1.31.1.jar is on the location. I solved this renaming the new version to the old version like this:
    mv google-api-client-1.31.1.jar google-api-client-1.25.0.jar

But I am not sure how this will impact Art application. I will not use GBQ star schema driver because of several bugs.

Best regards,
    Savo

• Timothy Anyona

Timothy Anyona - 2021-03-30

Hi,
    That files seems to be only used by the starschema driver. You could also delete the bqjdbc, google-api-services-bigquery-v2-rev20200523-1.30.9.jar and google-api-services-iamcredentials-v1-rev66-1.25.0.jar files.

• Savo

Savo - 2021-03-30

Thanks Timothy, this solves the issue.

• Timothy Anyona

Timothy Anyona - 2021-03-30

Glad to hear.