Source Code Access

Chrs Tusa
2004-08-02
2004-08-02
  • Chrs Tusa

Chrs Tusa - 2004-08-02

This is truly a great game. Its great for Linux users who actually have a distro that uses RPM. You should make the source code readily available under the GPL for both the Dedicated Server and the Client apps. I used Shark Linux (a gentoo based distro) that compiles from source on multiple hardware platforms. You kinda limit your audience to RPM based distros on i386. You could reach a much broader audience and prepare for the next generation of computers by letting some others work on ports. Just a suggestion, cause I cant upgrade from the original 2.6.0

• Fred

Fred - 2004-08-02

We're sorry that we've kindof forgotten to do a source release package, this will be fixed as soon as I can contact our release tech. In the meantime it is available from http://guru3.sytes.net/armagetronad/armagetronad-source-0.2.7.0.tar.gz

• Chrs Tusa

Chrs Tusa - 2004-08-02

Very helpful. Thank you. I look forward to future releases! This game is addictive.

• Alex E. Kelly

Alex E. Kelly - 2004-08-02

I added a source code release. It may take a few days before the mirrors pick it up.

• Alex E. Kelly

Also, you'll notice that the date reads June 30, 2004 (one day off - should post as July 1, 2004). I've been told this is an error with the release system that will be fixed shortly.

In the mean time, I could date the release July 2, 2004 so it would post as July 1, 2004, but I'd rather hold off and let it fix itself.

Anyway, at least the source code is posted.

• Alex E. Kelly

Ok, dating fixed - shows July 1, 2004.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

JavaScript is required for this form.

No, thanks