- added support for HTML clients
- smaller features
- database indexes are created automatically on database creation or update
- added data type long
- support character creation while in game
- added multilanguage support (en, de, pl, uk)
- initial status of account and characters can be configured in server.ini
- converted CVS to Git
- junit tests use in memory database
- various performance and memory usage improvements
- fixed compiler warnings and improved code comments
- code cleanup and refactorings
- retry database command on connection loss to the database server
- marauroa can invoke an external command (email_command in server.ini) with the token and email-address on account creation
- use a dedicated email table
- workaround for IllegalArgumentException in proxy check (see http://icedtea.classpath.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=1055 )
- added support for Sha512Crypt with salt and pepper
- fixed cacheable flag being ignored
- failed logins are now logged with distinct status values
- client support for skippable empty perceptions
- ban messages are no longer restricted 256,
if both server and client use the new protocol version 34
- added RPClass support (type checks and transfer compression) to RPAction
- content transfer includes a md5 hash of the content,
if both server and client use the new protocol version 34
- fixed a bug which caused the server to use the client protocol version in its messages, even if it was higher than the version supported by the server
- automatically try to use a configured SOCKS-proxy. If it cannot be used, Marauroa falls back to direct connections
- RPRuleProcessorImpl provides a default implementation for IRPRuleProcessor
- new server.ini variable server_abuseContact to add a sentence with contact information to the ban dialog.
- use ENGINE instead of TYPE on table creation to be compatible with MySQL 5.5
- performance improvement by not deep copying all player objects every turn.
- performance improvement by skipping expensive RPBOject.id uniqueness validation during cloning of RPSlots
- performance improvement by removing redundant calls to Attribute.has() and RPObject.getID()
- increased client side timeout while the server is processing the login (may be caused by slow database queries)
- defined better indices for loginEvent designed to get the number of recently failed logins question faster
- performance optimization in RPObject.getDifference() by drastically reducing the number of RPobject instantiations
- performance optimization in RPObject to create internal list/map objects only on demand
- build script now creates an additional minized jar file for clients: marauroa-client-only.jar
- improved messages on errors in server.ini
- fixed an issue on account renaming
- fixed an issue with special characters in character names
- zones are now stored asynchronously to the database
- fixed a co-modification issue in Attributes.clone() and Statistics.clone()
- fixed "Replacing content to transfer"
- added configurations parameters allow_account_creation and allow_character_creation
- added new Result.FAILED_CREATE_ON_MAIN_INSTEAD of account/character if it was disabled
- fixed bogus error message about accessing available transactions on closing the TransactionPool
- security fix preventing multiple logins of the same character on MySQL
- increased visibility of RPSlot.getOwner() to protected
- always call rewriteSql
- speed up first connection time on servers with low entropy
- increased visibility of RPSlot.add(RPObject object, boolean assignId) to protected
- add method to check the length of a column during database update
- added new Result.FAILED_OFFLINE of account/character creation to be used when the server is not reachable
- added new method ClientFrameWork.sendKeepAlive for keeping the connection open more than 10 minutes in the character selection state pre game
- added new method DBCommandQueue.getOneResult
- database: added id and status to characters table
- fixed an issue if a client with version 32 and a client with version 33 are in the same zone
- attributes of type map
- multi protocol version support for client server communication (from version 31 to 40)
- multi protocol version support for database storage
- added ability to RPClass.bake() the RPClass to speed up performance.
- logins are now processed asynchronously to speed up performance
- only count clients that are in game in the statistics (not the ones waiting to connect or waiting to logout)
Please see http://stendhalgame.org/wiki/Marauroa_3.8 for details on those features
- Note: Make sure that you place the player into the world in RPRuleProcessor.onInit() and not in RPObjectFactory.transform
- character list now includes the RPObject to provide details if the network protocol version is >= 32
- improved performance by processing client message outside the PlayerEntryContainer lock
- added detailed error message if a transaction is accessed from another thread
- added number of unique ips to statistics in addition to number of players
- provided an infrastructure for asynchronous database access (not used at all places yet)
- fixed reading of size from the network stream in case it was split over multiple packets
- limit number of parallel connections from one ip-address, see http://stendhalgame.org/wiki/index.php/Configuration_file_server.ini#Limits
- limit account creation per ip-address in a timeframe, see above
- fixed null values on H2 in account.timedate and gameEvents.timedate
- added support for the H2 serverless database system in addition to MySQL.
- added configuration setting max_number_of_players in server.ini
- added temporary bans stored in the new table accountban
- fixed error message on inactive accounts claiming the account was banned.
- games can now check the structure of the database using doesTableExist and doesColumnExist in order to update it automatically
- RPEvents can now have RPSlots
- RPObject.getContainer() and RPObject.getContainerBase() continue to return an RPObject,
use the new getContainerOwner() and getContainerOwnerBase() method to get a SlotOwner object
- properly free transactions in case of exceptions
- fixed a problem which caused parts of messages to be dropped when the size field was split across two tcp-packets
- fixed a deadlock when temporarily running out of database connections
- fixed error message in case the pool runs out of connections (the list contained connections that were kicked because of an exception)
- removed dependency on com.sun.*-classes
- automatically add new columns in existing database tables
- improved logging
- always hash the password based on UTF-8 instead of the plattform default encoding on login
(on account creation UTF-8 was used, so the first login was not possible if the default
encoding was not UTF-8 and the password contained special characters)
- made method dumpOpenTransactions public so that games can use it for debugging and monitoring
- moved periodic saving of players out of buildPerceptions so that it gets it on performance profiling index
- now all tables are created with TYPE=InnoDB
- improved error messages
- on serious errors which kill one of the background threads the complete server is now shutt down
- fixed a NoSuchElementException in TransactionPool.beginWork();
- split JDBCDatabase into several small ...DAO classes
- added a new package marauroa.server.db for low level database stuff
- started to work on supporting other database systems beside mysql
- for help on how to port your application see http://stendhalgame.org/wiki/index.php/Refactoring_Database_Access_in_Marauroa
- fixed some compiler and javadoc warnings
- fixed a NullPointerException in modify() when the zone does not exist (anymore)
- improved error messages in exception
- changed zones to ConcurrentHashmap to accommodate the needs of multi threading and changing number of zones
- fixed a bug in deserialization, that made objects in slots uncontained, provided regression test
- added checks for same to equals in some RP*
- Attributes.clone() and RPSlot.clone() now conform to the contract of Object.clone()
- Pair implements toString() to help debugging
- Fixed some compiler warnings
- Fixed problem on server shutdown
- Add Attributes.getBool
- Added timeout value so players get disconnected after 30 seconds if their connection is lost.
- Updated protocol version.
- Fixed problem with player left in game.
- RPObjectFactory.transform may return null to not load an object from the database into a zone
- speed up perception difference calculation by ignoring server only slots
- Added class ConfigurationParams and added public Configuration constructor to manage
more than one configuration file per process.
2.3 Dec 29, 2007
- Fixed ConcurrentModificationException in database access code
- Fixed PyhtonRPWorld
- Fixed 10 minute player autosave
- Added method MarauroaRPZone.storeToDatabase()
- JDBCAccess execute now returns the update count if available
- Fixed a problem which occurred in case an object was modified and added to a slot at the same time
2.2 Dec 03, 2007
- Added close method to IDatabase.
- Fixed problem when querying for null at Attributes.has
- Fixed problem when messages were less than 4 bytes.
- CreateCharacter works now in a similar way to CreateAccount
- Removed comodification problem.
- Fixed problem with bogus network message.
- Added additional results to enum Result (for account/character creation)
- Added UnicodeSupportingInputStream and -Reader which automatically detect unicode type (and even support UTF-8Y)
2.0.2 Oct 19, 2007
- fixed a bug causing RPSlot.addPreservingID() to cause rpobjects with same ids
- enabled subclasses of JDPCPlayerDatabase to get access to low level methods.
- moved *.test-subpackages into source path "tests".
- 256 arrays / strings now may be up to 256 bytes large (it used to be 128)
2.0.1 Jul 10, 2007
- Fixed MySQL 4.0 incompatibility.
- Fixed bug at IRPZone.ID
- Fixed problem with RPObject.hashCode.
- Fixed memory leak because of Sun bug: http://bugs.sun.com/bugdatabase/view_bug.do?bug_id=6460501
- Speed up server by several fixes.
2.00 Jul 03, 2007
- Moved factory to a RPObjectFactory.
- Added factory_implementation to server.ini
- Fixed visibility of some methods.
- Fixed lots of bugs.
1.92 Apr 09, 2007
- Ported Python server interface to Marauroa 2.0
- Added flood detection at server side.
- RPEvents now extends Attributes, so it can have several values associated.
- Send Connect NACK message for banned IP.
- Fixed null pointer bugs at NIOServer.
- Fixed concurrent access bug at Hash class.
- Fixed javadocs.
- Added RPLink entity.
- Removed ClassNotFoundException from Serializer
- Fixed a problem at getPreviousLogins to return latest logins.
1.91 Mar 13, 2007
- Fixed bug at database methods for loading, storing and query for a character.
- Fixed store and load zone database methods.
- Fixed logout race condition.
- Fixed network disconnect callback method not being called.
- Fixed Player being removed twice from internal data structure.
- Fixed Perception exception at client.
- Fixed sync flag not correctly set at server.
- Fixed default RPClass.
- Fixed server sending messages after connection closed.
- Fixed a problem with RPEvent.
- Marauroa can be run as java -jar marauroa.jar
- Configuration file now defaults to server.ini
1.90 Mar 08, 2007
- Incompatible with Stendhal 0.5x or Jmapacman games.
- Added non blocking network server.
- Removed UDP support.
- Moved client to work with nio package.
- Improved efficiency of data structure access at server.
- Simplified NetworkServerManager structure.
- Documented widely everything.
- Reimplemented Game package to improve efficiency.
- Removed useless exceptions.
- Allowed to send a template object when creating account, so we can customize player object on creation time.
- Removed incomplete action concept.
- Simplified RPScheduler.
- Simplified Database manager.
- Moved to object stored as blogs.
- Added RPEvent structure
- Simplified RPObject, RPSlot, RPClass and Attributes.
- Removed many useless exceptions
- Fixed a bug in attributes definition that made them to be globally defined to all the classes.
- Added static attributes to RPClass, so you can define them now instead of adding to each object.
- RPZone stores and load objects now.
- RPObject can be defined as storable
- RPObject can be hidden
- Simplified build script
- Generated java docs as a new file
- Split account and character. Now you can have really several characters per account.
- fixed a bug which prevented disconnection of players on second login if the username mismatched on case
- disable java built in dns cache (as this required the client to be restarted after server ip change)
- new client side method to detect disconnected tcp-streams
- fixed a problem with may cause logging of game events to fail
- moved persistence handling in unsigned webstart from Stendhal to Marauroa
- Singleton pattern for RPWorld
1.32 Jul 16, 2006
- Added experimental support of TCP.
- Fixed a cpu-intensive debug-message while creating zone-based perceptions
- Improved createaccount method to return information about the cause of the failure.
1.31.1 Mar 24 2006
- Bug at create account
1.31 Mar 21, 2006
- Allowed database replacement by games.
1.30 Feb 26, 2006
- Reworked Perception system.
- Removed useless method at PlayerEntryContainer.
- Use less memory.
1.22 Jan 30, 2006
- Fixed memory leak because incorrectly handled JDBC Connection.
- Added threaded network client.
- Fixed messing messages because repeated signature.
1.21 Jan 14, 2006
- Added game events support
- Fixed a bug at RPSlot
- Fixed a bug at NetworkClientManager that made wrong signatures.
1.20 Dec 21, 2005
- Added capacity to RPSlot
- Changed serialization form of RPSlot
- Incompatible with previous releases
- Added invisible attributes and private attributes
- Added RPSlot to RPClass definition
- Added invisible rpslots and private rpslots
- Changed way of signing messages
- Changed protocol version.
- Improved logger output to handle RPClass syntax problems.
- Allow creation of accounts from within server.
1.12 Oct 26, 2005
- Fixed ConcurrentModificationException at ariannexp.loop
- Ported createaccount to Log4J logging system
1.11 Oct 23, 2005
- Added capacity to slots
- Fixed a bug at RPSlot.assignValidID that blocked server
1.10 Sep 24, 2005
- Added log4j as logging platform
- Fixed isContained, getContainer methods.
1.03 Jul 02, 2005
- Fixed a bug in RPObject.applyDifferences
- Fixed a bug at slots
- Added isContained method to RPObject
1.02 Jun 09, 2005
- Compressed Server info message so we save bandwidth.
- Changed statistics from int to long
- Fixed a bug at JDBCPlayerDatabase.storeRPObject
1.01 Jun 05, 2005
- Added storable/volatile attributes
1.00 May 30, 2005
- Fixed a bug at Perception system that shows objects of other zones.
- Reduced Perception size.
- Send only hidden attributes on player
- Fix a bug on a disconnected player that login again
- Store connected players on server shutdown
- Updated Python wrapper
0.97 May 20, 2005
- Added client version check at Server
- Added has method to RPWorld class
- Refactored Statistics system
0.96 May 12, 2005
- Fixed a bug that make clients not to notice of timeout players
- Improved speed by making conditional logging on NetworkClientManager
0.95 Apr 28, 2005
- Fixed a bug related to database connection being closed.
- Fixed an exception at Secure login.
- Fixed a bug because of Transaction model at MySQL (http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/innodb-consistent-read-example.html)
- Added outOfsync method to ariannexp
0.94 Apr 17, 2005
- Fixed createaccount to use a parameter based .ini instead of hardcoded configuration file.
- Fixed cosmetic issues at generateini
- Fixed exception classes
- Fixed a bug at JDBCPlayerDatabase that didn't allowed RPObjects to be removed correctly.
- Added secure login procedure
0.93 Apr 08, 2005
- Added VERY_LONG_STRING data type
- PacketValidator will now correctly create the missing SQL tables.
- Logger allowed and rejected are now set at configuration file
- Fixed a problem at ariannexp related to ignoring some packets in some conditions.
- Downgraded to single thread NetworkServerManager because a bug that made it to use 100% CPU usage
0.92 Apr 05, 2005
- Change nextTurn method for beginTurn and nextTurn
- Replaced onApprovedActions by onActionAdd for simpler action validation
0.91 Mar 03, 2005
- Added generateini application
- Simplified README file
- Fixed a bug at multizone
- Fixed a bug to RPWorld that breaks the multizone feature
- Fixed a bug at NetworkServerManager that blocked the server
- Fixed a bug at PlayerEntryContainer that happens because of content streaming.
0.90 Feb 19, 2005
- Major code refactoring
- Added multizones feature
- Added content streaming feature
- Changed package structure
- Created a new Logging facility
- Added a client framework: ariannexp
- Jython is optional
- Filter banned IP packets
- Removed games code, now each game package will contain its own server and client code.
- Updated this README
0.41 Jul 13, 2004
- Cleaned code
- Added javadocs comments
- Fixed a bug at RPZone where modify modified objects not belonging to that zone.
- Improved mapacman script
- Added out of sync logic on clients
- Fixed a bug related to out of sync at server.
0.40 Jul 05, 2004
- Added score to ghost to count players killed
- Changed the calling order in RPAImanager
- Added classes of RPObjects: RPClass
- Improved the speed feeling on the game by a change on RPServerManager
- Added per player synchronization
- Fixed horrible bug at delta^2 perception system
0.36 Jun 04, 2004
- Database modified to stored hashed passwords
- Fixed the two turns delay on actions
- Compressed RPMap message
- Added command line support for nullClient
- Improved mapacman support
- Fixed bug that happens when client exits on timeout
0.35 May 25, 2004
- Changed RPMap message
- Client can try to resync using old perceptions
- Fixed bugs at mapacman_script.py
- Reused PythonRPRuleProcessor
- Added command line help to server
- Removed simplegame
0.34 May 17, 2004
- Added out of sync message
- Improved perception creation
0.33 May 01, 2004
- Static part of the perception, that one that doesn't change depending of the player is precomputed.
- Added Python RP rules system.
- Added mapacman game.
- Added messages timestamps so that it is more reliable on bad UDP connections.
- Factorized createaccount method, each application has now to modify a very small part of it.
- Updated documentation about Marauroa.
- Added proper shutdown procedure.
- Fixed the bug that allows players to vote several times.
- Added RPMap message
0.32 Apr 21, 2004
- Fix a bug that happens when an object is added and deleted on the same turn from a slot.
- Added modification of the network protocol to send our RPObject only when changed
- Fixed a path related problem with create account
- Fixed an issue that rejects the creation of database on the first run.
0.31 Apr 14, 2004
- Added Delta-delta perception so now only diffs between actual and previous object is send.
- Change attributes name to save even more bandwidth
0.30 Mar 26, 2004
- Added persistent objects
- Added transactional database support
- Fixed zlib compression problem due to incorrect deserialization
- Send less TOTAL perceptions so it improve bandwidth usage
- A ton of little bugs/features fixed/added
0.25 Mar 06, 2004
- Added zlib compression
- Added Buy item and Buy gladiator
- Added completely access to our gladiator inventory
- The rest of Players has their gladiators and items hidden.
- Fixed a bug that make HP not to be restored if you logout before request fame ends
0.24 Mar 02, 2004
- Fixed SQL bug that can cause a denial of service on server
- Fixed bug on Fame to be assigned to winner
- Fixed correctly the no-winner situation
- Fixed test cases to correctly pass the PlayerEntryContainer
0.23 Feb 15, 2004
- Added chat
- Added statistics
- Added W3C Events Log format
- Fixed synchronization bug
- Fixed a bug that makes arena to not be able to exit from fight state
0.22 Feb 06, 2004
- Fixed JDBC problem with accounts
- Fixed stupid problem on createaccount
- Combat does end now
- Fame is added now to winner
0.21 Jan 31, 2004
- Fixed security problem at JDBCDatabase
- Fixed delta perception
- Add a commandline tool to add new players
- Improved Gladiators server logic
0.20 Jan 26, 2004
- Implemented Gladiators
- Fixed several problems at server
- API stabilized
0.11 Dic 21, 2003
- Maraurorized simpleGame
- Fixed several logical bugs in simpleGame
- Fixed bugs
0.10 Dic 16, 2003
- simpleGame working.
- sound support
- First steps of Gladiators
0.04 Dic 11, 2003
- Fixed FATAL bug at NetworkServerManager and JMarauroa
- Added ServerInfo message
0.03 Dic 09, 2003
- Delta Perception
- Full RPZone and RuleProcessor
- Full test cases
- Multipacket UDP communication protocol
- Updated documentation
- Fixed bugs
0.02 Nov 30, 2003
- Added Perception message
- Added JDBC Database
- Added RP Code: Hacked and Slashed
- Fixed bugs:
- Fixed Traces output
0.01 Nov 22, 2003
- Initial release
- Complete Network Protocol
- Memory Database