OK, after some trying and hacking, I can announce that I now have a running
client and server (note: I'm running Debian GNU/Linux). I have compiled the
server and client _without_ support for mysql-databases or the openssl
- get the sources which I will soon commit to the cvs
- ./configure --without-openssl --without-mysql --prefix=/home/uli/devel/tmp
(note: it is NOT possible to run the client from the build-dir)
- make install. All following commands are now relative to the install-dir.
- edit etc/Client.ini like this:
- edit etc/Server.ini like this:
ServerName="Arianne ALPHA 2 Server"
- create the file etc/Arianne-users:
username password 0 0
this is basically a replacement for the non-working database-code and can
contain several lines of this form. 'username' and 'password' are the
parameters given to the client on the command-line.
- start the server:
- start the client:
bin/arianne-client -u user -p password
- enjoy !
- send bugs with patches to arianne-devel@...
Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.