Contributability

Ideas
2005-11-02
2013-06-06
  • Nobody/Anonymous

As annoying as this sounds, I think you would have a lot more help if the graphics didn't require a recompile for testing...

Or maybe an editor specifically designed (modified) for stendhal.

Stendhal reminds me of Player Worlds (Mirage) , except their map editor makes it incredibly easy to create vast worlds that look awesome... hence you have these amazing large and complex worlds , that it takes the creator like maybe a day to make.

I'm not sure , but didn't Arianne use to be multiplatform? I think maybe java (although it has great portability to the web) is a poor choice for an rpg that would benefit from contributing.

Sorry for any rudeness or blatant stupidity , but I'm just a graphic designer..

-Jak.

• Miguel Angel Blanch Lardin

I will modify client so that you can test new graphics with client IN A EASIER WAY ( right now you can edit the Jar file). Meanwhile I suggest to play with tiled editor and changing graphics there.

We can't afford to create an editor designed 100% for stendhal because we lack of enough man-pwer ( aka developers ), so if we spend time doing the editor we take it of game :(

I have just read PlayerWorlds and it is very similar in conception to Stendhal, but we can achieve a better map definition because we we have 4 layers to create items instead of 3. I am trying it personally, but I see hard that anyone is able to create a interesting complex world in day, unless that you use some tools that make you the work.

Arianne is a concept, but yes, Arianne ( aka Marauroa, stendhal and jmapacman ) is multiplaform. You can't do better multiplatform that Java with the resources we have. If any contributor doesn't like Java, he/she should perhaps continue and look for another project that really match him/her. Java is just a tool for doing the development, asking users to hava Java is like asking someone to have libc-2.9.so...

• Miguel Angel Blanch Lardin

I will modify client so that you can test new graphics with client IN A EASIER WAY ( right now you can edit the Jar file). Meanwhile I suggest to play with tiled editor and changing graphics there.

We can't afford to create an editor designed 100% for stendhal because we lack of enough man-pwer ( aka developers ), so if we spend time doing the editor we take it of game :(

I have just read PlayerWorlds and it is very similar in conception to Stendhal, but we can achieve a better map definition because we we have 4 layers to create items instead of 3. I am trying it personally, but I see hard that anyone is able to create a interesting complex world in day, unless that you use some tools that make you the work.

Arianne is a concept, but yes, Arianne ( aka Marauroa, stendhal and jmapacman ) is multiplaform. You can't do better multiplatform that Java with the resources we have. If any contributor doesn't like Java, he/she should perhaps continue and look for another project that really match him/her. Java is just a tool for doing the development, asking users to hava Java is like asking someone to have libc-2.9.so...

Anonymous

Cancel  Add attachments

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks