pan
2007-03-16
2013-06-06
  • pan

pan - 2007-03-16

Hi,all!
    I'm a mobile phone game developer.
    I found marauroa some days ago.
    I thing it is useful for my project,a MMORPG,run on mobile phone.
    But marauroa is base on J2SE,and my project must develop use J2ME.
    So,I want to know how can I do from J2SE to J2ME?
    Thank you very much!

• Nobody/Anonymous

Hi, panzhong!

============================================
      Arianne is a multiplayer online games framework and engine to develop turn based and real time games. It provides a simple way of creating games on a portable and robust server architecture. Marauroa, the server, is coded in Java and uses Python for your game description. It also provides a MySQL backend and uses a UDP transport channel to communicate with dozens of players. Our reference clients are coded using Java and the C language in order to achieve maximum portability.
      ============================================

Upper text, from the "HowToWriteAdventureGamesUsingArianne" documentation. You see? I know a little knowledge of J2ME, but I think you can use Marauroa for your mobile phone game's server, and use J2ME make the game client.

Regards,
      Javen

• Miguel Angel Blanch Lardin

Yes, more or less.
      I tried some time ago to build marauroa for J2ME and found it very limiting in features ( You will need to write the J2ME of the client framework ) and performance ( very little memory available on client ).

It is bad that I say... but you better look for something else to create a J2ME game :)
      Personally I would go for something inhouse made that will surely fit your needs as you have very little hardware resources to waste with generic approaches.

Just my 2 cents.

• brucelei

brucelei - 2007-03-26

IMO,if client changes to J2ME,the server and client codes maybe changed a lot.

J2ME programs have less APIs than J2SE,so I think it's maybe a difficult job :-(

I have transfered the client into applet,it's not too hard,and the game run very well :)

Anonymous
Anonymous

Cancel  Add attachments