I can send actions to server ~_~

Help
alamat
2007-10-15
2013-06-06
  • alamat

alamat - 2007-10-15

The Login works but when a client logs in, it cant send data to the server. I used Arianneexp's send(RPAction) command and I examined Marauroas classes and figured (im not so sure) that RPScheduler visits my RPRuleProcessor to execute the method Execute (ID, RPAction) and Execute processes the action that is sent to it. However, i used System.out.println to check whether Execute (ID, RPAction) is really visited by RPScheduler but it does not print anything. What can be the cause to this? Thanks. :D I am stuck. >_<

• Miguel Angel Blanch Lardin

Hi,

The only reason I can think about is that you didn't set the client id at client side for the action message that you are sending.
      If that's not the case you should upload the source code somewhere so I can give you more hints.

• alamat

alamat - 2007-10-15

What do you mean set the client ID? Ahm because I examined stendhals code and i saw something like this.

RPAction action = new RPAction();
      action.put ("type", "move");
      action.put ("dir", -odir.get());
      send(action)

i just replicated that code and implemented it however it does not work. Uhhm where do I set the client ID? and what method uses it? Thanks! :D

If you just replicated the stendhal code, have a look about how it is done.
        If not, please paste the code so that I can have a look and help you find your problem.

• alamat

alamat - 2007-10-16

I figured it out! It is a problem with the server. And its ok already. However, the player times out. What will I have to do so that the player wont timeout?

The only reason for client timeout is that client close or connection is lost.

• alamat

alamat - 2007-10-16

Yeah. But this is the error that I get.

Removing player 123141233 at getPlayerPerception - buildperception.

What can be a solution to this?

This is caused by an exception when building the perception for that player.
        Check your logs for more info about the exception.

• alamat

alamat - 2007-10-16

Yeah. But this is the error that I get.

Removing player 123141233 at getPlayerPerception - buildperception.

it says something about an error contacting it. what might be a reason why it times out? Did I miss some details or something? thanks!

• alamat

alamat - 2007-10-17

Yeah. How do I build a perception? As i understood it, i just add objects in RPZone and the add command will automatically put in in the perception class. Im not sure if its right coz its not working. Or did I just miss something? Thanks!

Yes, it is done automatically.
        Just add and when modify call to modify.

Try to read the log for the exception that should be happening.
        That's all I can say with the info you provide.

Anonymous

Cancel  Add attachments

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

JavaScript is required for this form.

No, thanks