Arianne Logo or mascott?

2005-04-05
2013-06-06
  • Steve Ierodiaconou

I was just wondering if maybe it was time to create a Logo or mascot for something for arianne, something identifiable. if u think about most projects they have a logo which when u see it u think "i recognise that". i mean right now i see, mozilla logo, firefox logo, tortoisecvs logo, msn logo etc etc.

Thing is im not sure what we could choose that really makes sense for arianne. I remmember the eye but that was a bit random too.

anyway, just hopeing to get some ideas going here

• Miguel Angel Blanch Lardin

yeah, I think it would be a good idea.
      But I am out of ideas too.

• Steve Ierodiaconou

We have to identify the point of arianne and then find something that is related... i.e. Arianne is about:
      * Games
      * Internet
      * Servers
      * Role Playing (?) <- not really, its a framework for any games
      * Open Source
      * Public
      * Community
      * Portable

hmm etc etc

Now can we related stuff to that?

• Ragnar-GD

Ragnar-GD - 2005-04-05

thriceforged,

...I have something here... I'll send photos to the team soon... perhaps that'll do... :-)

Otherwise, it's the right idea, and the right time for that suggestion! :-)

Ragnar-GD

• Steve Ierodiaconou

If we go for the usual, an animal with no particular reason to choose it (firefox?? , tortoise CVS?!) etc, here is a possible list which i dont know projects which use them:

*Wolf
      *Giraffe
      *Lion
      *Cheeta
      *Jaguar

Basicly i thik a powerful animal makes more sense, gives an idea of stability and well... power!

steve

• Miguel Angel Blanch Lardin

Ummm,
        Arianne is the french name of the Greek Ariadna, the woman who helped Perseus ( or Teseus not sure ) to kill the minothaurus and exit the laberynth.

So what about a minothaurus, half bull, half man...

(Someone kicks me if I am saying something stupid)

• midtocry

midtocry - 2005-04-08

Humanized animals as mascotts for software projects are popular. Why not the historical Ariadna in the shape of a bird (or lion) as logo?
      Hehe, would rather like to see a Greek princess than a sweaty half-bull. But this is only my taste :P

Anonymous

Cancel  Add attachments

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks