Is this game going to be like Ultima Online

2002-05-01
2002-05-11
  • Nobody/Anonymous

I would like to know if this game will be like Ultima Online with like learning skills and becoming a professional in a career, be able to go kill animals and people if they are bad??

• Nobody/Anonymous

bad? good? You can kill all of them...
      Also you can of course develop your skills.

Jobs is being worked right now, it will be mainly a NPC(AI) Task.

• Nobody/Anonymous

Ok I have downloaded Ariannne Tech Preview 3 and I can't get the server to work. It says can't find the *.dll's and they are right there in the directory I have also installed MySQL and use Windows XP. When I use Visual C++ to debug it, it comes up with this: Loaded 'D:\Documents and Settings\Yezzy88\My Documents\Arianne\arianneServer.exe', no matching symbolic information found.
      Loaded 'ntdll.dll', no matching symbolic information found.
      Loaded 'D:\WINDOWS\system32\kernel32.dll', no matching symbolic information found.
      Loaded 'D:\Documents and Settings\Yezzy88\My Documents\Arianne\SDL.dll', no matching symbolic information found.
      Loaded 'D:\WINDOWS\system32\winmm.dll', no matching symbolic information found.
      Loaded 'D:\WINDOWS\system32\user32.dll', no matching symbolic information found.
      Loaded 'D:\WINDOWS\system32\gdi32.dll', no matching symbolic information found.
      Loaded 'D:\WINDOWS\system32\advapi32.dll', no matching symbolic information found.
      Loaded 'D:\WINDOWS\system32\rpcrt4.dll', no matching symbolic information found.
      Loaded 'D:\WINDOWS\system32\msvcrt.dll', no matching symbolic information found.
      Loaded 'D:\Documents and Settings\Yezzy88\My Documents\Arianne\libmySQL.dll', no matching symbolic information found.
      Loaded 'D:\WINDOWS\system32\wsock32.dll', no matching symbolic information found.
      Loaded 'D:\WINDOWS\system32\ws2_32.dll', no matching symbolic information found.
      Loaded 'D:\WINDOWS\system32\ws2help.dll', no matching symbolic information found.
      Loaded 'D:\Documents and Settings\Yezzy88\My Documents\Arianne\libeay32.dll', no matching symbolic information found.
      Loaded 'D:\Documents and Settings\Yezzy88\My Documents\Arianne\libbz2.dll', no matching symbolic information found.
      Loaded 'D:\Documents and Settings\Yezzy88\My Documents\Arianne\SDL_net.dll', no matching symbolic information found.
      Loaded symbols for 'D:\WINDOWS\system32\MSVCP60D.DLL'
      Loaded symbols for 'D:\WINDOWS\system32\MSVCRTD.DLL'
      Loaded 'D:\Documents and Settings\Yezzy88\My Documents\Arianne\python22_d.dll', no matching symbolic information found.
      Loaded 'D:\WINDOWS\system32\shell32.dll', no matching symbolic information found.
      Loaded 'D:\WINDOWS\system32\shlwapi.dll', no matching symbolic information found.
      Loaded 'D:\WINDOWS\system32\shimeng.dll', no matching symbolic information found.
      Loaded 'D:\WINDOWS\AppPatch\AcLayers.dll', no matching symbolic information found.
      Loaded 'D:\WINDOWS\system32\ole32.dll', no matching symbolic information found.
      Loaded 'D:\WINDOWS\system32\userenv.dll', no matching symbolic information found.
      Loaded 'D:\WINDOWS\system32\winspool.drv', no matching symbolic information found.
      Loaded 'D:\WINDOWS\WinSxS\x86_Microsoft.Windows.Common-Controls_6595b64144ccf1df_6.0.0.0_x-ww_1382d70a\comctl32.dll', no matching symbolic information found.
      Loaded 'D:\WINDOWS\system32\comctl32.dll', no matching symbolic information found.
      Loaded 'D:\WINDOWS\system32\secur32.dll', no matching symbolic information found.
      Loaded 'D:\WINDOWS\system32\mswsock.dll', no matching symbolic information found.
      Loaded 'D:\WINDOWS\system32\dnsapi.dll', no matching symbolic information found.
      Loaded 'D:\WINDOWS\system32\winrnr.dll', no matching symbolic information found.
      Loaded 'D:\WINDOWS\system32\wldap32.dll', no matching symbolic information found.
      Loaded 'D:\WINDOWS\system32\rasadhlp.dll', no matching symbolic information found.
      Loaded 'D:\WINDOWS\system32\wshtcpip.dll', no matching symbolic information found.
      The thread 0x5E4 has exited with code 1 (0x1).
      First-chance exception in arianneServer.exe (KERNEL32.DLL): 0xE06D7363: Microsoft C++ Exception.
      The thread 0x38C has exited with code 1 (0x1).
      The thread 0x7B8 has exited with code 1 (0x1).
      The program 'D:\Documents and Settings\Yezzy88\My Documents\Arianne\arianneServer.exe' has exited with code 1 (0x1).

I don't know any Visual C++ but I do know some Visual Basic. Can someone help me out so I can try to get this to work.

• Nobody/Anonymous

looks like it might be something todo with XP... unfortunately i have no experience with XP so cannot really help... i suggest double checking u have the right DLLs then if it still wont find them in the DIR with Arianne put the DLLs in to C:\windows\system or whereever you have installed windows...

Anonymous

Cancel  Add attachments

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks