aria2 has extremely good remote control interface - it's real pity that it's actually hidden "under th hood".
- aria2rpc and aria2mon binaries are not available
- daemon option is almost undocumented
What can be done to improve:
- package aria2rpc & aria2mon into /usr/bin/ instead of /usr/share/doc/aria2/xmlrpc/
- document -D, --daemon option with client-side usage examples e. g. how to add new .torrent to running aria2c daemon, how to check progress on all running downloads
- make aria2d which runs in daemon mode by default and make aria2c client for that daemon which only add new downloads to daemon and check current status using daemon's output
Log in to post a comment.