LAN clients behind NAT are not discovered

2009-02-03
2012-09-28
  • Costin Grigoras

Costin Grigoras - 2009-02-03

I've posted the same thing as bug report, but I hope somebody can help me with a solution or a workaround in the mean time.

aria2 lacks the option to specify the real IP address where the client runs, so clients running in the same cluster cannot discover each other. See for example ctorrent's -I option.

This is a major problem for us since we are trying to distribute large archives to an entire remote cluster, and if each client downloads the entire content there is no reason to run a torrent client instead of a simple wget. We don't have access to the gateway to configure port forwarding or other NAT-bypassing tricks.

Cheers,

.costin

• tujikawa

tujikawa - 2009-02-03

• Costin Grigoras

Costin Grigoras - 2009-02-03

The new --bt-external-ip works just fine. Again, thanks a lot!

• pp_mad

pp_mad - 2009-07-30

Hi, i am trying to do the same, sharing downloads on same LAN to avoid use of WAN connectivity... so , what is the correct configuration you use for that?
          Is it possible to use it for Metalink downloads or only for torrents? We are using metalink with chunk cheksums as we use normal HTTP servers (some packages are not on a torrent server). Do you always provide a torrent server?

Thanks in advance