Menu

Problem with OLED 0.96'' on FW 328

2023-06-30
2023-07-02
  • Juan Gonzalez

Juan Gonzalez - 2023-06-30

Hello.
    When I have updated to FW328, the focuser keeps buzzing all the time when booting up. Just by trial and error I discovered that switching off the oled screen in config file of arduino code the problem disappeared. I have put a new screen and the problem persisted so I uploaded an older FW (305 I think) and with it the screen works and no error at all appeared, so maybe there is something wrong in FW328 with this display.
    Not critical as it might just be switched off, but just to let you know. I don't feel confortable giving you so much work lately :)

• brownrb

brownrb - 2023-07-02

Hi
    It would be helpful to know to which firmware file you are referring to, as there is quite a lot of them (27 different versions of the firmware). Like for example

myFP2F_A4998_328
    or
    myFP2F_L293DMINI_328

and let me know what is enabled in focuserconfig.h because I have to start somewhere. searching
    nearly 3000 lines of code is pretty hopeless if I dont have a reasonable starting place.

Buzzing can come from multiple sources. Like a motor driver, or the on board buzzer connected to the PCB.

What do you mean by buzzing? Are you referring to the round buzzer? if you added on? What sort of buzzing> constant tone? varying tone?

Is buzzer enabled in focuserconfig.h

Are the LEDS also enabled?

To eliminate the buzzer from from the board you can easily disable the buzzer in the firmware and reprogram the controller. If the buzzing stops then that is the issue.

Regards
    Robert