Dangerous Java flaw threatens virtually everything
Pure Hacking’s Gatford said the problem is compounded by the slim chance of an enterprise patching Java Runtime vulnerabilities.
"It would be an extremely difficult and laborious process for an organization trying to patch Java Runtime across the enterprise," he said.
But not if they are using Appupdater...when the fix is released Appupdater will have it.
- Fixes for when unzipping files is required
- Now supports external command line metalink programs
- Added quick search option
- Full Vista support
- Added support for dependencies
- Added timeout for hung processes
- Reads upgrade tag from metalink file
- added support to search .lnk files
- fixed --no-silent install bug
- support for remove option added
- now extracts some of the installed programs from the registry and Start Menu
- now automatically redownloads XML files if they cannot be parsed (are malformed)
- fixed bug where uninstaller does not remove the files from the Windows service
- version compare operation now handles single letters
- command line is vista compatible when run in administrator mode, service mode still needs testing
A windows service is now included so that no user intervention is necessary to keep your software applications up to date!
This is the initial release, give it a try! Keeping your windows system up to date can be as simple as: