Great idea to have apt-get-like behaviour on Windows! I tried using the cli of Appupdater (with the help of PsTools) to keep a couple of networked PCs up-to-date but ran into some inconsistencies:
1) On "appupdater -l" Appupdater reports version 2.0.012 instead of the installed 22.214.171.124 for Thunderbird.
2) Flash Player and Plash ActiveX are both shown as "Flash" in the list following a "Appupdater -l"
Thanks for this great piece of software!
1. I'm not seeing that here. You should go into your installed.txt and see what is reported for Thunderbird (vista: c:\programdata\appupdater, xp: c:\documents and settings\all users\app data\appupdater).
2. Yes I combined those both into a flash "package." This makes more sense for people that are looking to install flash for the first time with Appupdater.
1. for me, I have 126.96.36.199 installed & it's reported correctly.
my problems seem to have been caused by concurrently using a network-based install of Appupdater on several computers at a time. Exclusive reading and writing rights for installed.txt in a future version would be a nice topping.
You can set the path of your installed.txt to a local file in the config file, I think that should solve your problem nicely. You are looking for INSTALLED_TXT.
Log in to post a comment.
Sign up for the SourceForge newsletter:
You seem to have CSS turned off.
Please don't fill out this field.