SourceForge has been redesigned. Learn more.
Close

App Updater starting powershell script

Help
smadon
2013-10-02
2013-10-03
  • smadon

smadon - 2013-10-02

Hi,

Back to some test on App Updater, and I'm facing an issue.

If in version.xml:
    I create a program to be install in silent mode with silent parameter I have no problem, it's installing well.
    <- silentinstall ->
    myapps.exe /S
    <- /silentinstall ->

But If I add a powershell line, it does not run it, because it's not run with admin user right.
    <- silentinstall ->
    powershell.exe -executionpolicy unrestricted -file "%cache\InstallMyApps.ps1"
    <- /silentinstall ->

The option which does not need admin right (like copy file in temp folder) are working ok, but I need to add file in ProgramFiles, I have an access denied message.

Other point : if I run it with appsupdater.exe --install=MYAPPS, the powershell script is working OK

Any idea why I am facing this problem ???

Regards

Last edit: smadon 2013-10-02
  • nabber00

nabber00 - 2013-10-03

Generally Appupdater should just work. For example, if you run as administrator you will be prompted by UAC to escalate when it starts. If you run as a normal user and it needs administrator permission to run something, it should then UAC prompt when that occurs. You can force any program to run as administrator to start with if you have problems by using the "escalate.vbs" script included with Appupdater.

If you are not getting the prompts the script is probably not running correctly for any number of reasons. In your case it could be that "powershell.exe" is not in the path. Also it could be that some of the characters are not XML encoded/decoded properly.