is this version 0.9 (1.0 beta) or 0.9 beta?
If all goes well I expect to release this as 1.0 in a few weeks. Please try out the Beta so we can hammer out all of the bugs before 1.0!
- add --dryrun mode to show commands for security
- common install variable replacement call
- added suggest tag support
- bugfix for PACKAGE_LISTS
- add appupdater version number to browser request string
- set file permissions for all users to write in programdata
- language support
- new GUI in PyQt
- overhaul of Tk GUI
- New and improved metalink codebase from Metalink Checker
- Basic XML file signature support (GPG)
I was attempting to make things more clear with the numbering, so much for that I guess. You can think of it as Linux kernel style. Example, 2.4 and 2.6 are "stable" kernels. 2.5 is not a stable kernel and eventually became 2.6 (i think). I'm not sure if I'll be following that method in the future, but the idea is to clearly delineate if you have a beta version installed by giving it its own separate number. I don't want people confused thinking they are using 1.0 Final when it is actually an inferior 1.0 Beta.
Log in to post a comment.